My latest 510 build.

scooter stuff

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm always trying to learn tricks of the trade, so I gotta ask.  Is the black-speckled paint so you can see where you've already sanded?

Kinda, it's called a guide coat, it shows the low spots when you block it. I use flat black paint in a rattle can. 

I guess it would come down to how many hours it takes to make one of these + materials. I'd say if you would going to make some.. make enough to get some decent money back. I'd be interested to know if there is room in a wagon to mount one of these. I am guessing not, but I haven't looked.

I'd be interested to know if there is room in a wagon to mount one of these. I am guessing not, but I haven't looked.

There is.  :thumbup:

But to be ideal/sellable, it would need to be deep enough to swallow the whole battery. Don't really want to put a hump in the floor of a wagon to cover the top of the battery. 

I guess it would come down to how many hours it takes to make one of these + materials. I'd say if you would going to make some.. make enough to get some decent money back. I'd be interested to know if there is room in a wagon to mount one of these. I am guessing not, but I haven't looked.
If i charged time & materials it would be $200 - $300. I honestly don't have the time right now to take on another project.

The perfect spot on a wagon is under the back seat. I did it on my 2dr wagon that Quick 510 now owns.

If i charged time & materials it would be $200 - $300. I honestly don't have the time right now to take on another project.

The perfect spot on a wagon is under the back seat. I did it on my 2dr wagon that Quick 510 now owns.

my spelling error, it's "QWIK510" that now owns my wagon. Maybe he can post some pics? 

Yeah, I totally understand that man! What was the process in making it? It looks stamped?

my spelling error, it's "QWIK510" that now owns my wagon. Maybe he can post some pics? 

I'll search it out and see what I can find. Thanks for the info!

Ask and ye shall receive :thumbup: 

2_Door_Wagon_Pics_012.JPG

I like the recessed box in the wagon. It has a secure latching cover that fits flush. The box is pretty deep but does not interfere under the car. It is located under the back seat on the passenger side so this helps with weight distribution. When I got the car, the battery it came with was pretty big and barely fit into the box. The cables were set up for side post terminals and the PO had placed a flat piece of rubber between the metal box and the side posts. I thought this was very unsafe so I bought a smaller battery that I plan to mount in there. This will leave room for a Ford style starter solenoid I plan to mount in there that will leave the positive cable "Dead" unless the starter is cranking. I will run an 8 gauge wire up to a distribution block to power the rest of the stuff under the hood.

Here are pics:

Wagon_Battery_Box_1.jpg

Wagon_Battery_Box_2.jpg

Wagon_Battery_Box_3.jpg

• Like 1
Ask and ye shall receive :thumbup: 

2_Door_Wagon_Pics_012.JPG

I like the recessed box in the wagon. It has a secure latching cover that fits flush. The box is pretty deep but does not interfere under the car. It is located under the back seat on the passenger side so this helps with weight distribution. When I got the car, the battery it came with was pretty big and barely fit into the box. The cables were set up for side post terminals and the PO had placed a flat piece of rubber between the metal box and the side posts. I thought this was very unsafe so I bought a smaller battery that I plan to mount in there. This will leave room for a Ford style starter solenoid I plan to mount in there that will leave the positive cable "Dead" unless the starter is cranking. I will run an 8 gauge wire up to a distribution block to power the rest of the stuff under the hood.

Here are pics:

Wagon_Battery_Box_1.jpg

Wagon_Battery_Box_2.jpg

Wagon_Battery_Box_3.jpg

Thanks for the pics! They bring back some memories. That lid is from a 50's Ford pickup.

• Like 1