My latest 510 build.

scooter stuff

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on the hood...

The first step was to run the hood through our metal Dipping service ( highly recommended!). http://metaldipping.com/

The next step was to straighten the metal and seal up the entire seam between the skin & inner support...

429104_4231145981187_2101682447_n.jpg

For the seam sealer i used Panel bond adhesive. It's a "cold weld" that removes any flexing. 

On the exterior I went over it with 80 on a D.A. sander, followed by a small wire wheel on a die grinder. The wire will remove any contaminants from the pitting.

735018_4231058138991_1499663146_n.jpg     

27934_4231056378947_1416211133_n.jpg

Now it's ready for a good cleaning with wax & grease remover, followed by filler and/or epoxy primer.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you use any special tools besides "standard" ones? Don't know if that makes sense lol I read that you've been doing this for a while.

Yeah, I've been doing custom & classic car builds for a good part of 25 yrs. I do the metal fab work at the hot rod shop that i work for. We have just about every metal working tool. At home where i'm building the car, i just have all the basic body shop tools. 

We don't have much turnover here, were like a close knit family.

That's cool. I would be happy to be just a gopher lol

My buddies dad used to work at Coiner's in ne Portland and I'd help him out sometimes. But he got fired cause he would buy the place. Ain't that some shit? Now he has a shop in his back yard.

• Like 1

Woah!! I've been driving past that place for years! I always remember seeing old Fords parked on the w 11th side of the shop..  It's funny cause I've seen your build thread from the beginning.. and saw you post pictures of the shop.. and I never looked to see where it was. I figured it was some where far far away.. like always.

Nice work man!

• 2 weeks later...