Looking to Find My Old 1200 - ID #

angliagt

I came accross paperwork for a '72 1200.I was wndering if anyone here knows

it's wearabouts.ID # LB110912701.

I bought the car in December 1982,off of Mock Ford's "as-is" lot for $500 (!) in

Grants Pass,Oregon.It was Gold exterior/Black interior,with a "Lotus" JPS circular decal

in the rear window.

I sold it awhile later for $1200,to the first guy that came & looked at it.It had Calif.-

plates # 1GCE481 (Blue/Gold) when I sold it.

Check your ID's,& let me know if it's still around.

- Doug  

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There hasn't been any reportable activity on that VIN since at least 1994, but that doesn't mean much.  Well, it could mea a lot of things but it could mean nothing.  It hasn't been registered, reported stolen, reported totalled, sold, gone though emissions, siezed as evidence, etc in a State that reports those things to tracking activities.  BUT I own vehicles (and have registered them) in that time period in a State that DOES report that info, and they don't turn up any activity, so that's not an absolute. 

So, it either:

- Hasn't existed since at least 1994

- Exists in a State that doesn't publically report that info

- Exists in a State that reports, but the VIN number has a typo (my 520 comes up with the "L" as a "1" in the tracking database, because that's what is on my title.  It also comes up as a 1970 Volkswagen in the Tracking database, though the Title has the correct make/model and the tracking database is tracking my registration activity).

- Exists, but hasn't been registered or sold since 1994