Fender gap

twiztedintentions

What's up fellas? I'm aligning my fenders and doors so I can do the necessary body work on the truck, I have the door hung and it aligned nicely where it follows the back of the jam perfect and also the rocker, but I have a huge gap between the door and the fender, does this seem normal? It seems there's really no front to back adjustment on the door due to the style hinges they came with. Its all up/down, in/out. I don't have any shims on the back side of the fender so it's as far back as it can go...if anyone can snap and post up a pic of this gap so I could compare that would be great!! Also im unhappy with the way the rocker flows into the fender on the bottom almost like they don't really match... Snap a pic of that too!! ;). Almost seem when they threw these trucks together they didn't worry much about the alignment of the body..... Thanks for any help!! Joe

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a 521, the door to hinge adjustment is exactly what you say.  up, down, in, out.  To adjust the door forward and back, you loosen the door hinge to body. (or door pillar, or cab, whatever you want to call it)  The hinge moves forward, or back, and the door obviously goes with it.

Adjust the doors to fit the cab.  Then adjust the hood to fit the cowl.  Finally, adjust the fenders to fit the door, and the hood.

On a 521, the door to hinge adjustment is exactly what you say.  up, down, in, out.  To adjust the door forward and back, you loosen the door hinge to body. (or door pillar, or cab, whatever you want to call it)  The hinge moves forward, or back, and the door obviously goes with it.

Adjust the doors to fit the cab.  Then adjust the hood to fit the cowl.  Finally, adjust the fenders to fit the door, and the hood.

They are differant on the 320 Daniel.

DSCN0588.jpg

DSCN0587-1.jpg

DSCN0589.jpg