Some photos from today...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

always loved that color, reminds me of one of the local guy in ssf that had one painted that color actually it was '57 chevy bel air color but looks the same i think, nice work on the car, wow 6 weeks and its all purdy now, wish me luck as I will be getting back to body and paint after almost ten years of actually doing my last car!!!

conrad

Hey John, you should photoshop a new color on the wheels, the two blues clash with each other.

I cant believe it took only 6 weeks to transform it like that. amazing!

I have to respectfully disagree. They look sweet, and it would be a shame to paint those authentic wheels.
These two came out almost like my '55. I called it 'Robin's egg blue'

So does Datsun. ;)

This color is #567 Robin's Egg Blue.

i like the front corner markers

Me too. :D

Hey John, you should photoshop a new color on the wheels, the two blues clash with each other.

I wanted them to contrast. If they match, it's a little too 80s for me. If I paint them a different color (and I may), it'll be satin black.

I have to respectfully disagree. They look sweet, and it would be a shame to paint those authentic wheels.

I agree. These are really way to rare and unique to change. The blue spoke version of this wheel was very limited production, and never sold in the US.

But black would look nice... :D

Also, if you look closely, you'll see the DATSUN stripes I put on the car before painting it are an exact color match to these wheels. I haven't been able to bring myself to put the stripes back on, but if I do they will really tie the wheels into the overall scheme.

where did u get the lower black lip from? how is it mounted, from the back?

This is usually referred to as the "Mitcom Flexdam" by the guys who've been into these for a long time. They were originally built by Mitcom in the late 60/early 70s, and later made by a whole host of companies (most commonly Dobi) and for lots of different applications. The top half of it is fiberglass and painted body color, the lower half is rubber so it doesn't break going through a dip or steep driveway.

This one is an original Mitcom, bought from BRE in '73. It was on my red '71 but it got cracked one time when we took it off the trailer. I took it off, stored it in my parts stash and basically forgot about it and then sold the car. When I was doing the body work on this car I found it and decided to repair the crack and get it painted to match.

Here it is on the red 2dr:

Picture_077%7E2.jpg