Daily driven 71 4 door, KA 510

Okay so first things first, I don't need to sell this car...BUT I got my eyes on some AZ zcar goodies. So here I am...testing the waters, posting one of my babies in the FS section. That said, lowball away, if I don't get an offer I like I have ZERO problems keeping this car and driving it until it cant go no more.

Good:
-I DAILY DRIVE THIS BITCH! lol, It's definitely seen its fair share of garage time but its also been decently reliable transportation for me (as reliable as a 40 year old car with mods is really gonna be...) the beauty of this is that its reg'd (no backed fees) and you can drive it away
-KA24e swap from an 89 240sx (w/200sx 5 speed) - desmogged intake
-Front coilovers (allegedly done by Ermish but that was done by the PO so I have no clue if this is true or not)
-all the bushings in the suspension have been swapped out for new polyurethane bushings
-Low use on the new 6 puck clutch, lightweight flywheel (11.5lbs)
-280zx rear discs
-HID high beams
-lots of other small things that I'm not going to list to avoid sounding like a ricer mod list off lol. but if anyone's interested I will be more than happy to talk about the car for hours, tell you everything I know about it and everything I have done/what needs to be done/what I would do to it myself.
-AN -6 stainless steel braided fuel lines
-hood strut (no more hood prop! oooh aaahhhh!)

Bad:
-hood's propped up a bit to clear the intake, still stays down fine, I might get a new intake soon that does clear the hood
-body rust, its in the floorboards, driver quarter panel, hood and fenders
-the radiator support is tweaked, not beyond reason, Its not affecting anything, just definitely not gonna fly at any shows, seems like the PO hit something
-the only functioning gauges are the tach and volts lol, the gauges are all there plus a little 3 gauge pod but the little pod isn't hooked up and the I never bothered with getting the stock gauges to work after the swap, I was thinking I'd just save till I could afford speedhut.
-the wiring was pretty shotty when I bought it, I haven't done anything to clean it up and I've added a few accessories (radio/tach/etc) so it's not the cleanest deal. put it this way, if I keep the car its getting rewired/wire tucked at some point
-needs turn signals and dome light (headlights, tails, and brake lights all work)
-MOMOs most likely wont be included. I'll put the stock rear seat back in and the move black seats back up front

anyways....I've said enough
CuestaShopShot.png

BW_Onthelift.png

4FA51CD7-5F19-4C6E-8621-341EEC154E24-170

Poster_3.png

455027DC-C882-4FB9-BF8F-5C03A839E2AE-415

CD8A0191-90D4-4622-A5B9-CA6895671C78-454

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0481.jpg

Here's a link to the actual build thread (also in sig) with pretty in depth info on just about everything I've done with the car since I've owned it.
http://community.ratsun.net/topic/42842-steve-jr-aka-junior-1971-4-door-ka24e-510-daily/

$5500 obo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

bump, the steel braided fuel lines are in and functioning properly (no leaks)

also added a front spoiler which will stay with the car 

DSC_0960.jpg

49A7DFE2-6519-4655-95B4-E0C1F5F48EBF-503

E7A687BA-08ED-4728-9184-7E2627AA3F53-890

It's making a rattling/chattering right now so it's off the auction block until I fix that but I wanted to update/bump the thread anyway to show the visual changes to the car. still looking at selling the car though so if you might be interested (i'm working on fixing the chatter so i'm not selling anyone a car with an unknown rattle) let me know and we can talk.

thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you like it. tell your friends :p haha.

anywhoo, im bumping the thread again because the rattle/chatter issue has been mended! all set about to resume duty as my daily driver and ready to continue doing so for someone new!

anyone interested in what the issue was just pm me ill gladly explain (there's also a thread in the general discussion forum) not trying to keep it a secret lol, just too lazy to type it all out right now

• 4 weeks later...

If you still wanted the ls man, I would love to meet up... I want the wife to see it because I dog all the body work on my z and she loved it and I can do it on this too... Pm me if you want for my number! hopefully not stepping on any toes...

If you still wanted the ls man, I would love to meet up... I want the wife to see it because I dog all the body work on my z and she loved it and I can do it on this too... Pm me if you want for my number! hopefully not stepping on any toes...

pm'ed no toes stepped on haha

ho much are u asking $$$$$$

pm'ed as well, $6k obo, its in the original post

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.