Hit a deer on the way to canby

Hey all, thanks to all those, that were able to offer assistance the weekend of canby. most of you all know I hit a deer on the way out by Biggs Junction with my 77 burnt orange king cab. It totalled the front right fender, the hood and the core support was not repairable. It also bent my distributor shaft and cracked my battery.

I got my truck home sunday after noon and by monday after noon I had the front end rebuilt completely. It took till wendnesday to get it on the road because i had to wait for an alternator. For some reason the one that was on it caused a feed back loop and wouldn't allow the engine to shut off when i turned the key off. I also changed my water pump after I changed radiators. One i had that I tried leaked. Anyone know why that does that? I also changed my carrier bearing friday night. it looked like it had seen better days.

Anyway, I'll have pictures up soon when i get to a computer when I have my camera. It woulda been awesome to have been able to rebuild my truck and still have made it to canby sunday. But my parts were 230 miles away.

But all of you that were willing to help, Mike Stubbs, Lee, and freaky510, I thank you much.

Andrew aka LC/DC

DCFC0352.jpg

DCFC0353.jpg

DCFC0356.jpg

DCFC0357.jpg

Saturday after it hit the deer

The truck after it hit the deer

DCFC0370.jpg

DCFC0372.jpg

fenders and innerwell off

DCFC0377.jpg

new inner well

DCFC0381.jpg

new innerwell bolted on truck

DCFC0382.jpg

DCFC0389.jpg

fenders hood sitting on truck before the inner well was screwed down

DCFC0393.jpg

DCFC0396.jpg

All done Monday the 16th of June by 3 pm, all except for paint and bumper.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap Andrew, that looks great! After seeing that truck in the Hood, I figured it was a total write off. Don't forget the deer whistles on the fenders this time, and a big-ass roo bar.:D Stop on by next time you're in the area.

Stubbs

aka exit64

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...