A10's U-nite !!!!

I see you guys getting all these radios, blah, blah, blah. 

I've actually been trying to find something that I don't know exists. 

I want a hidden stereo. Plug in my phone through the 3.5mm plug that leads to an RCA adapter that feeds an amp.

But what if I want a sub or 2 as well as my front channel. How do you feed 2 different amps with the same signal. 

OK...honestly...4x6s and/or 6.5s in the front and maybe 4 8" subs. 1 amp I don't think will handle this. What can I do?

And what if I wanted a front and rear channel for my mids. Sounds like a minimum 2 amps.

I know very little about car audio gear. 

I know this is the A10 thread but I'm not seeing audio speak elsewhere. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a hidden stereo. Plug in my phone through the 3.5mm plug that leads to an RCA adapter that feeds an amp.

But what if I want a sub or 2 as well as my front channel. How do you feed 2 different amps with the same signal. 

Why not a 3.5 plug into a stock radio, then out to said amps? Gives you better volume control, and a stock look. Amps could easily be hidden? This is the set-up going into my next 510.

Otherwise, one of these, probably mounted to the bottom of the glovebox? Mostly out of sight, but still have line-of-sight for the remote?

snatchurally. rare as chicken dentures. anyone got any experience with these things? they're even cheaper than DF's Pyle unit!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2CH-200W-Power-Mini-HiFi-Audio-Stereo-AMP-Amplifier-For-ipod-Car-Home-MP3-FM-/261676931219?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ced291893

Why not a 3.5 plug into a stock radio, then out to said amps? Gives you better volume control, and a stock look. Amps could easily be hidden? 

Otherwise, one of these, probably mounted to the bottom of the glovebox? Mostly out of sight, but still have line-of-sight for the remote?

Stock radio? If I get to do what I want-there will be no evidence of such a thing. 

Media unit under dash it is. Anyone know of one with front, rear, and sub RCA outputs?

I don't want that much hanging out. The hunt continues. Maybe I'll go to a stereo shop tomorrow. 

I thought about doing one of these under the seat:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120999000/Universal-Underdash-Kit.html?tp=2114

Or you can try your luck with one of these:

http://www.jegs.com/i/RetroSound/700/RC-900C/10002/-1?CAWELAID=230006180001024974&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=230006180000850108&cadevice=c&gclid=CP-Fp6nB48QCFRSVfgodESEAlg

I got 3- 10" Phoenix Gold subs(350W RMS ea) and a 1000W amp I need to install into something!

I thought about doing one of these under the seat:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120999000/Universal-Underdash-Kit.html?tp=2114

Just put one in a Jeep. Worked pretty well. It is kinda big though. Maybe too big for a Datsun...

Those are awesome. Nice to see they finally offer a version that isn't $400+...    :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

So I stumbled across webercarbsdirect, has anyone dealt with this company? What kind of product quality should be expected?

Haven't dealt with them directly, however I do have a Weber 32/36 on my L20 and I can say that was the single-most awesome modification I've ever done... Totally worth it

So I stumbled across webercarbsdirect, has anyone dealt with this company? What kind of product quality should be expected?

Friend just bought one from them,,, it was at his house in about 3 days and it has worked exactly like what you would expect from a brand new carb...  I would use them again without hesitation.

Ok ,,, in reality i would get an old crusty weber someone was throwing away ,, clean it out and put a gasket kit in it,,  :lol:

• Like 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for some reason I'm recalling someone told me that old Webers, the ones made in Italy, are higher quality than modern ones.

Not that modern ones are bad, but.... just saying. Mine is an old one, for sure!

• Like 1

Ah, here we go.... I looked up the history of Weber carbs online and found this...

Quote:

"Genuine Weber carburetors were produced in Bologna, Italy up until 1992, when production was transferred to Madrid, Spain, where they continue to be produced today."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for some reason I'm recalling someone told me that old Webers, the ones made in Italy, are higher quality than modern ones.

Not that modern ones are bad, but.... just saying. Mine is an old one, for sure!

Yeah older ones may be built to last longer,,  but my buddy bought the whole kit for a manual choke,  and every single thing was included and new,,  fuck he was rolling in what seemed like just a few minutes .. 

All this talk of bologna I'm thinking Dirty Daves big Jake sandwich for god damn reals now.... 

• Like 3

Well guys, i just order rear shocks front struts stabalizer bar links (polys) brake hardware kits brake pads, shoes on the way and i took my dash apart and cleaned the cluster and put new lights in everything, all that i gotta to is pop rivet some metal in the floor and get the outside bodywork done, then i will put up pics, of how she looks errrrrnge. Btw this is what ice does to your daily here in NY, Spun in a 180 and my BRAND NEW STRUTS maxed out and pushed this rotten bad boy to its limit, also broke my bumper and is now stiched up with zip ties.

1019_zpsqs6qbpmb.jpg

IMG_1859_zps21k2lnuo.jpg

All patched up

IMG_2005_zpsjmnisdvl.jpg

But i apologize, this is a datsun forum, and i will keep updates on me car as i go along!!!

• Like 1