A10's U-nite !!!!

are you the guy i sent my old dash cap to?

yup. dash cap from you and a dash fascia from dukerollo. yeah, I know the brown and blue don't match but I never have liked the results of the paint that supposedly adheres to plastic so I'll probably leave them as is.

20150322_130504.jpg

I'm still tying up some loose wires and not real sure what I'm going to for tunes. I keep hearing about guys running phones and iPods without a head unit and that's what I may eventually do.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes unfortunately the dash in Aussie Stanzas was pretty ordinary. We did get an econometer gauge which shows you zip really or that you have your foot too hard on the accelerator. I would have liked to have found a set of gauges like the one in the post above. It is similar to the SSS dash I have in my 510 Bluebird. The black on my dash is from vinyl spray and it works really well and has been on another dash for a long time without peeling. cheers  

• Like 1

not real sure what I'm going to for tunes. I keep hearing about guys running phones and iPods without a head unit and that's what I may eventually do.

I've put a few of these into Datsuns, and one will go in my 1200. Uses SD card, ipod, phone, or USB drive. Only weighs 7 ounces, is half the depth of a regular radio, and is cheap to boot. And since your dash is already cut for a single DIN...   ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0078XGE3Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

I've put a few of these into Datsuns, and one will go in my 1200. Uses SD card, ipod, or USB drive. Only weighs 7 ounces, is half the depth of a regular radio, and is cheap to boot. And since your dash is already cut for a single DIN...   ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0078XGE3Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How's the over-all quality? Looks incredibly cheap and disappointing.

How's the sound quality?

I'd say it's at least $37 worth.    ^_^

But seriously, it's a pretty good radio. It makes okay power, sounds good, runs off any kind of media you have, it weighs seven ounces, and since it's only half-depth it fits in Datsun dashes a lot better than most head units. Also it's a "mechless" unit, meaning no moving parts. 

I do think the remote control is kinda silly, but it would be handy if you wanted to "hide" the radio under the dash?  

• Like 1

I probably should have measured depth before dropping a Benjamin for the head unit I have. It pushes up into the support brace behind the clock but...It's too late now

yup. dash cap from you and a dash fascia from dukerollo. yeah, I know the brown and blue don't match but I never have liked the results of the paint that supposedly adheres to plastic so I'll probably leave them as is.20150322_130504.jpgI'm still tying up some loose wires and not real sure what I'm going to for tunes. I keep hearing about guys running phones and iPods without a head unit and that's what I may eventually do.

Glad it's been put to good use. Looks good. I think you should take it all the way and mix some green panels in there too.

As far as the head unit conundrum, do like the miata guys do. Get a small 4 channel amp and wire it to the speakers, get an aux to RCA cable to run from your iPod to the amp input and bob is your uncle. Some of those amps are really tiny too.

Edit: I see that you have a tach too. Good stuff.

That's just an 80-81 cluster.  They all had tachs those 2 years.  You can put the 80-81 tach into a 78-79 cluster (it bolts in and the wiring is already in the dash for it) but the idiot lights will be wrong.  Still,  it won't look nearly as weird as the one above.  True 78-79 tachs are pretty rare, though i have one in my '78 hatchback.

I've posted this before, but here's a '78 tach:

510dash.JPG

Here's a '78 with '81 tach and speedo put in the '78 cluster.  Aside from the idiot lights and the red needles, it looks and works perfect:

78moddash.jpg

The only other drawback is the '80-81 speedos only go up to 85, though there's no way I'd take my wagon up that fast anymore anyway.  But they're far better in the illumination department (backlit instead of reflective lit)

Sorry I'm new to all this. I don't have much experience with actually being involved in forums outside of reddit. I can see this is a much more personal platform sorry. Uhh my name is Tyler I own an l24 powered 280z a 260z 2+2 waiting for an rb25det and obviously an A10.  I also just noticed the "follow this topic" so sorry for not responding earlier. I tried to upload a picture of my a10 hopefully it worked. Feel free to let me know if I do something wrong or that I shouldn't be haha

got one of these coming!  I'll let ya'll know how it works out.

This worries me slightly...  

Usable output power: 2 x 2W

Max output power: 2 x 4W

It could potentially distort pretty badly if you have to crank it up because you're in a noisy car. 

I think that's actually less wattage than the stock radio...