A10's U-nite !!!!

I've never heard they crush cars for street racing just fat tickets 

Where you at in Sacramento? I used to live there for 3 years or so... Went to UTI (unfortunately....). I know a lot of people down there. 

I lived off of West El Camino in Natomas in some shady apartment. I was the manager for Game N Trade off of Truxel and W. El Camino while I was there... Not sure if any of that is relevant to you or this thread, but its a small world.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty crazy, in a good way, how this thread has grown from when it started. The A10 has taken over. Who woulda guessed 4 years ago? Now you bastards have me thinking about joining the club. I sold my 521. I sold my Suzuki Swift Gti. I have my 71 510, but I am not going to drive that in the winter. I have a little cash, I can put it into my 71, which is my warm weather daily these days, but it lacks some creature comforts and needs cosmetics. It is brute with the cammed LZ22, but I love it.

However the thought of something utilitarian like a wagon is appealing to me. Something I won't be too precious with. Been looking at Toyotas, Colts, 610, 710, 810 would be tops on my 'affordable' goon list. A F10 would be killer. Even scouted around for 620s. But I am in New England which is a datsun wasteland. And the pricetag reflects that, including folks wanting 4K for 210's and not the 'B' variety.

So this pops up for a 2K asking price. Would be a bitchen lil home depot runner. Reminds me of the 81 A10 hatch my brother had. Loved that car. Cons are it is an Auto.... but the seller says it WAS manual, so who knows maybe he still has it of at least the pedal box/arm still around. I have a 4speed form a 74 620 and I think a 5 speed from a 720 or a z car, can't remember. Waiting for photos and some questions answered. He also has a beautiful blue 70 510 goon, but it is so nice I know I would never winter drive it, plus it is 5k and I need something I can hop in and go all year if necessary. Enjoy it but not baby it. This needs a roof rack though, and I actually wish it had woodgrain, lol! But according to the owner it needs nothing and is his current daily. Except some body work and paint.

Tough call though as there is lots I want to do to my current dime.  Carpet, wheels, window gaskets, paint, headliner, on and on. These funds could go a long way toward that. (My 1959 1000 is collecting dust till I retire at this point. But it is safe in the garage.)

00S0S_d0zNRQk9iWp_600x450.jpg

00909_eAXu9P7mipm_600x450.jpg

THis is me being a smart ass in 1989 on the roof of my bros 81'. Really dug this car. So I have an affection for them.

316631_2301320665730_1630597540_236.jpg

I got more pics from the seller on this goon. Looks pretty good at first glance. He says all this work was done by the prior owner and he bought it just the way it is here. THese are all the pics he has. He says the Pass rear quarter glass is Plexi. Hard to tell but that may be rot through on the passenger rocker panel up by the front wheel. He thinks the rockers were bondoed. Pretty obvious it has been resprayed and the brake lines on the firewall are painted. Who knows what is under that paint. He says he has never looked under the car for condition.... not sure i buy that as he is a car guy, but who knows.

-Look to be Enkei 93s with Z caps all around. Says they use to be gold.

-New rubber up front.

-recent allignment, new pitman arm for some reason, but he may have been mistaken on that. He just knew they replaced some part of the suspension.

-Brakes good. E-brake good. (Need that here to pass inspection.)

-Engine runs great according to him. All stock and he's done nothing to it.

-What do y'all think that little switch/light is under the auto shifter? Some sort of brake bias wheel lock? Or maybe something for the stereo?

-Use to be a stick car, but he doesn't have any of it including the clutch pedal. But my understanding from you fine gents is that the pedal box is the thing you want. If can get the pedal arm and sourcing a MC shouldn't be too hard.

He does not have a rear bumper, which would be an issue for me in Mass inspection. But I could get one from mexico on ebay, or hell, who knows what I could pick up on my trip to Japan in April. In fact, are there any JDM specific things for an A10 I should look for in Japan?

I imagine there would be a lot of surprises under that paint. But other parts of the car look very clean from these shots. The thing I am reminding myself of is that I want a winter beater that is a Datsun. I know me well enough that I will get too precious and not want to drive it if it is an older Datsun or in pristine shape.

We are about to get hammered with snow for 3 days and this is a 2 hr drive away. But maybe I will go look at it next week. I don't know that I want to spend 2K on it, but he says is will negotiate in person, but won't give it away. What-cha guys think?

Oh and as a bonus it already looks to be the same color as my 71 510! Love this color actually.

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG952492.jpg

IMG952345.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG952389.jpg

IMG952343.jpg

• Like 2

Mite sound a bit stupid but where should I do a build thread and how lol

Either Project Datto or other Datsuns, you pick. Wish we had an A10 section.

-What do y'all think that little switch/light is under the auto shifter? Some sort of brake bias wheel lock? Or maybe something for the stereo?

maybe reverse lights? Is was a standard at one time and maybe not hooked up.

• Like 1

maybe reverse lights? Is was a standard at one time and maybe not hooked up.

I am thinking it must be a remote bass level knob. He mentioned it had a good stereo in it. But now you have me wondering if the reverse lights are hooked up from the conversion. If they're not Mike, is it a pain to do so? Cause that def won't pass Mass inspection. They will fail me if the wiper squirter doesn't work.

ruxknob.jpg

Hey everyone I am posting around just trying to learn about my wagon I own, Not sure about the lingo but I assume the 80' 510 model is called a A10? It is a 80 wagon pretty complete with some small pieces here and there missing but just cosmetic and will hope to locate soon. Right now just enjoying it and cruising around town, I have also posted on a couple of other forums, so you may of seen it already. I am in upstate South Carolina in Greenville, work as assistant manager at a golf course and attend a lot of the local car shows (plan to take the datsun to this upcoming cars and coffee)

Hey guys, I threw up some Photochops of what I might do with an A10 wagon. See more at the link in the thread including some SSS variations.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/65421-fisch-concepts-hl510-a10-stanza-wagon-2-door-4-door-sss/

I don't reckon they ever made this but I might like too!

A10_2-doorGoon-2door.jpg

• Like 1

I got more pics from the seller on this goon. Looks pretty good at first glance. He says all this work was done by the prior owner and he bought it just the way it is here. THese are all the pics he has. He says the Pass rear quarter glass is Plexi. Hard to tell but that may be rot through on the passenger rocker panel up by the front wheel. He thinks the rockers were bondoed. Pretty obvious it has been resprayed and the brake lines on the firewall are painted. Who knows what is under that paint. He says he has never looked under the car for condition.... not sure i buy that as he is a car guy, but who knows.

-Look to be Enkei 93s with Z caps all around. Says they use to be gold.

-New rubber up front.

-recent allignment, new pitman arm for some reason, but he may have been mistaken on that. He just knew they replaced some part of the suspension.

-Brakes good. E-brake good. (Need that here to pass inspection.)

-Engine runs great according to him. All stock and he's done nothing to it.

-Use to be a stick car, but he doesn't have any of it including the clutch pedal. But my understanding from you fine gents is that the pedal box is the thing you want. If can get the pedal arm and sourcing a MC shouldn't be too hard.

He does not have a rear bumper, which would be an issue for me in Mass inspection. But I could get one from mexico on ebay, or hell, who knows what I could pick up on my trip to Japan in April. In fact, are there any JDM specific things for an A10 I should look for in Japan?

I imagine there would be a lot of surprises under that paint. But other parts of the car look very clean from these shots. The thing I am reminding myself of is that I want a winter beater that is a Datsun. I know me well enough that I will get too precious and not want to drive it if it is an older Datsun or in pristine shape.

We are about to get hammered with snow for 3 days and this is a 2 hr drive away. But maybe I will go look at it next week. I don't know that I want to spend 2K on it, but he says is will negotiate in person, but won't give it away. What-cha guys think?

Oh and as a bonus it already looks to be the same color as my 71 510! Love this color actually.

IMG_2237.jpg

Well now I am going to cry. I snoozed and the guy sold it today. Shouldn't have put it off. But it's been sitting for a month for sale, it couldn't wait two more days, LOL!! And After I did those concepts and everything... Oh well I still get to hunt and that is half the joy for me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...