A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will, I've created many surprised looks with my ka powered dime.

I'll be honest, I loved to pick on all the ricer looking cars like Eclipses, Civics, Focus', and even ugly fat camaros from the 90s simply because they were easy to. Multiple times I ran them on I5 (...hm, no wonder i totaled the A10....) I can't even begin to tell you how AWESOME i felt when I saw their faces after a shitty 80s looking, 4 door, rattle canned ....... Datsun ate their lunch. So much fun. It was even better when they asked what kind of car it was and I'd reply with "I dunno, it's stock. I just bought it." Even better when someone was actually interested in it and we'll pull over and I'd show them the dual cam. Good times.

KA's really aren't fast or very powerful. However, when you put them in a 2200lb car with 3.54 rear end (in my case) with a 5 speed, it loved the freeway pulls.

• Like 3

My favorite was eating a kid it his fresh out of highschool drags nova with all his buddies in the car. Had 14.25 on the window, who knows if that's what he actually ran. Man do I love eating the ricers, going by them with the back end kicked out hitting second is the best (I like to give them hope for the first 60ft or so) :devil:

• Like 2

It is pretty crazy, in a good way, how this thread has grown from when it started. The A10 has taken over. Who woulda guessed 4 years ago? Now you bastards have me thinking about joining the club. I sold my 521. I sold my Suzuki Swift Gti. I have my 71 510, but I am not going to drive that in the winter. I have a little cash, I can put it into my 71, which is my warm weather daily these days, but it lacks some creature comforts and needs cosmetics. It is brute with the cammed LZ22, but I love it.

However the thought of something utilitarian like a wagon is appealing to me. Something I won't be too precious with. Been looking at Toyotas, Colts, 610, 710, 810 would be tops on my 'affordable' goon list. A F10 would be killer. Even scouted around for 620s. But I am in New England which is a datsun wasteland. And the pricetag reflects that, including folks wanting 4K for 210's and not the 'B' variety.

So this pops up for a 2K asking price. Would be a bitchen lil home depot runner. Reminds me of the 81 A10 hatch my brother had. Loved that car. Cons are it is an Auto.... but the seller says it WAS manual, so who knows maybe he still has it of at least the pedal box/arm still around. I have a 4speed form a 74 620 and I think a 5 speed from a 720 or a z car, can't remember. Waiting for photos and some questions answered. He also has a beautiful blue 70 510 goon, but it is so nice I know I would never winter drive it, plus it is 5k and I need something I can hop in and go all year if necessary. Enjoy it but not baby it. This needs a roof rack though, and I actually wish it had woodgrain, lol! But according to the owner it needs nothing and is his current daily. Except some body work and paint.

Tough call though as there is lots I want to do to my current dime.  Carpet, wheels, window gaskets, paint, headliner, on and on. These funds could go a long way toward that. (My 1959 1000 is collecting dust till I retire at this point. But it is safe in the garage.)

00S0S_d0zNRQk9iWp_600x450.jpg

00D0D_1o8OZTwTJEY_600x450.jpg

00909_eAXu9P7mipm_600x450.jpg

01313_dWr7sQd8AVb_600x450.jpg

THis is me being a smart ass in 1989 on the roof of my bros 81'. Really dug this car. So I have an affection for them.

316631_2301320665730_1630597540_236.jpg

• Like 1

I would buy the wagon if I was in your spot it is super clean but I also love wagons lol but swapping it to a manual shouldn't be to hard especially if he has some of the old stuff and would be a fun daily driver as well I drove mine daily it was fun felt like a go cart lol