WTB: 510 turn signal switch

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have you tested all the fuses and soaked the fuse block in vinegar, good place to start. 

my Hi beams didn't work either, it turned out to be a bad connection at the fuse block. The terminal was corroded off.

IMG_9082.jpg

suppose to be 4 spade connectors

IMG_9081.jpg

made a jumper wire and connected it to where it goes ( on the underside of the fuse block ). now they work. 

IMG_9083.jpg

this is a temp fix till I get a another male connector. Not sure if this will be your problem but got to do a process of elimination to find the problem. 

That's a poor conclusion. But go ahead and buy a switch if you want, it is a free country.

If you are interested in learning and possibly saving some dough, read on.

The T/S "not working" can have many causes. For example, the T/S flasher unit might be broken (even if the hazards work perfectly).

The T/S "not working" can mean different things:

* Specific bulb doesn't light up

* One Side Flashes

* Lamps Stuck On

* Indicators Flash Slowly

* Indicators Flash Too Quick

* Indicators Do Not Flash

See Turn Signal Testing for more info on troubleshooting to find the cause.

That's a poor conclusion. But go ahead and buy a switch if you want, it is a free country.

The T/S "not working" can have many causes. For example, the T/S flasher unit might be broken (even if the hazards work perfectly).

* One Side Flashes

* Lamps Stuck On

My flasher unit works. I switched the Turn signal flasher unit with the Hazard lights wiring and they operated correctly. If I want to be correct with my terms, then "my turn signal does not flash."

Ah, kids ... you can't teach 'em anything. Hazard flasher has nothing to do with proving the t/s flasher is good or not good.

I'll just leave now.

Excuse me but I'm not just some kid. I am a technician out of college, but I'm not a retard from wyotech. Didn't you read what I said? Let me clarify one more time so you will understand me...

I took the flasher unit from the turn signal switch, and installed it into the Hazard wiring. This would check to see if the flasher unit was malfunctioning. When I pulled the lever the hazards lights operated, thus concluding that the flasher unit from the turn signals works perfectly fine.

I will say this again, this is NOT a thread devoted to solving my problem. I am looking for a turn signal switch that will work with my car.

• 3 months later...

* One Side Flashes

* Lamps Stuck On

Thanks gg.

Don't go ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.