Offenhauser dual plane intake and Weber 32/36 DGV on an L16

laotsu

So I got this killer Offy intake manifold yesterday, thanks Laecaon, and it has a 1/4 inch riser plate. In my research I have read that this intake is best run with no adapter or riser to get the best low end torque out of it. the best guess on why the riser is here is to keep the long intake studs from interfering with the Weber. is there any reason I can't run it without the riser and just trim the studs?

DSCF4287_zpsfe95e14b.jpgDSCF4289_zpse2411a57.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember these 'back in the day' In theory the smaller primary has higher flow speed so better cylinder filling at low mid and when the secondary open it's all good. The problem is this only applies to the intake and once the air enters the head is slowed down by the much larger port diameter. It was never clear if it really worked or not.

What's the port diameter on the offy?Is it the size of an L-20B intake?If so,it will HURT low end performance.Removing the spacer will hurt low end performance.Anything that will adversly effect low speed cyinder filling is not good for low down gains.Having said this everything is a trade off.