Electronic Ignition Conversion - Factory Datsun "matchbox"

ggzilla

1 minute ago, datzenmike said:

The plastic part (called a collar) helps align the the spindle and the distributor shaft. The part number is 22119-W0400 for most L20Bs earlier ones were metal, might fit.... on the chance Nissan still has them.

Try... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/

Thank you so much Datzenmike, I tried installing the original L16 dual points Dizzy collar on it, but the collar pin goes in offset on the L16 and wont aling with the matchbox.

Erick

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup. Most L20Bs have that number, the early one has a different number and I guess it's also totally different.

Try making something. It's just a collar to help align the spindle.

Some checking says it was on everything but the L16/18 including L six cylinders z/zx and Maxima cars plus all the Z series Z20/22/24 engines in cars and trucks. It's a roll pin that holds it in place.

all L series dist will fit the front cover if one has the matching pedastal. this will make it line up to #1 plug wire correctly but can be cheated if you move the oil spindal in the disrection you need to go so it lines up to Number 1.

some people put the pedastal in 180 then say car dont work its off 180 put just move the plug wires 4 to 1 and then start 1 3 4 2 CCW fire order.

you m ight know this already Im just not getting the pin thing

22119-H2700 is the earliest use part number for 521/510/610

Then changed to this number....

22119-W0400* is the '79 620 Matchbox plastic collar set includes the roll pin.

Shows that part* used on all z and zx cars, 810 and Maxima. All L16/18 20B 620s, all L18/20B 710s, All A10 L20B and Z20, All S10 and S110, all 720 gas engines L20B, Z20/22/24.

16 hours ago, ddrum said:

Thank you so much Datzenmike, I tried installing the original L16 dual points Dizzy collar on it, but the collar pin goes in offset on the L16 and wont aling with the matchbox.

Erick

The hole in the distributor shaft is not centered?? Got pictures?

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

22119-H2700 is the earliest use part number for 521/510/610

Then changed to this number....

22119-W0400* is the '79 620 Matchbox plastic collar set includes the roll pin.

Shows that part* used on all z and zx cars, 810 and Maxima. All L16/18 20B 620s, all L18/20B 710s, All A10 L20B and Z20, All S10 and S110, all 720 gas engines L20B, Z20/22/24.

The hole in the distributor shaft is not centered?? Got pictures?

It's not centered, only by a bit but enough so the pin wont go all the way through, but on the points, its perfectly centered. Its really bizarre! I don't have any pictures right now, ill try taking some tomorrow morning, but I tried installing the collar onto the matchbox and it fit, but the hole never lines up no matter how its put in (that's what she said). 

So I followed Datzenmikes advice and it seems to work! Time will tell. Here is a picture of what I was talking about being off center.

20221202-132927.jpg

In the following picture you can see i elongated the hole to correct for the offset of the distributor collar for the pin to go through the matchbox distributor

20221202-132918.jpg

Edited by ddrum
  • Like 1