WTB 720 Door Mirrors, Chrome, black, &/or parts

WTB 720 Door Mirrors.  Chrome or Black or even broken ones to salvage parts from.

Previously found a pair of black mirrors. Went to them dissasemble to paint.... big mistake. Pivot screw was rusted to fastener. Soaked it in cow-piss strong penetrating oil for two day. One guy holding mirror while backing out the screw... the long sleeved screw breaks, plastic round pivot part breaks, mirror breaks. Damn that 30 year old corosion and Murphy's Law.

Prefer the chrome ones so I hopefully don't have to paint, but I'll settle for what I can find.

Mirrors should have "Nissan" raised letters on the covers.  

720mirror1.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I have, I only have one set, and as you can see, the passenger side has been scratched, and they are very dirty.

I looked on ebay, and they have new looking mirrors without the raised logo for cheap with free shipping, these cost me more than that at the wrecking yard used.

I only have one 720 left now(1980), and it has the smaller version of this type of mirror, but I was keeping these as a backup.

I am sure these are not made of gold, but I am going to have to ask $40.00 shipped for them anyway, and I am fairly sure that to find another set, it would likely cost me that at least in gas, fees, and the cost of the parts at the wrecking yard.

DSCN0536.jpg

DSCN0535.jpg

DSCN0534.jpg

DSCN0538.jpg

160J,

Thanks for the info and thinking of me.

Unfortunately, I'm not finding any mirrors with "Nissan" raised letter originals like Wayno's  on Ebay. I realize I have to use engine and drive train parts from whatever country still makes them. But I prefer the original Nissan quality control on parts whenever I can get them, and it keeps more Nissan parts on the vehicle than from Mexico or China.  If your mirrors have "Nissan" in raised letters on them send me the link to where you got them so I can look them over.

All the mirrors I'm finding on Ebay look like after market replacements with slotted mounting holes to fit various vehicles. These sources are also using the term NOS (New Old Stock.) This term originally indicated the part would be an original Nissan manufactured part.  But...they are combinging the term "NOS" with the word "replacement" indicating it is an after market part. They also don't indicate what country it was made in.  I'd prefer to support our local junkyards and other countries over China  when I can.

Thanks again.Seeker

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.