Steering box brace for a B210, anyone running one?

Dguy210

So after a relatively convincing demo of steering box flex with the stock setup I'm thinking of running a brace. Is anyone running one of these on a B210?

Surprisingly, I see everything except a B210 brace on the Maddat site. Also that and I'm a cheapskate.

So as far as I'm aware the B210 steering box is the same as the 510, so a 510 brace should bolt up to the box. However, I worry that the inner fender to steering box angle is different from that of a 510. So has anyone used a 510 brace for a B210, or at least mocked this up? I feel I can probably find a 510 steering brace pretty easily, but if that won't work then I might need to fab it.

B210 steering box pic:

E016FD54-D95E-49C0-BC69-F5E81F44423E-3956-00000308574F5A44.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I know half the threads regarding these braces on the 510realm have someone saying, "make one, its not that hard."

I havent made one, And it doesnt look like its much more than a piece of bent sheet steel or something. I also see 510 guys running a piece of metal on the other side (outside of inner fender), to strengthen the metal more.

I cant imagine the angle is that different from b210 to 510.

Many have said though, that they needed to take the engine out, as there was not enough room to fit a drill in there. A right angle drill might be necessary...