15 inch rims on 2dr 510

I am the sole owner of a 1972 Datsun that I am now in the process of restoring. The car has the old BRE/Suspension Technique springs on stock front 510 suspension and 13x7 Libres with zero offset. The fenders are all rolled. Right now the front Libres stick out about 1/2 inch and are snug in the back.

I am about to purchase 15 in rims for the car. Here are my questions:

Front:

1. Will15x7 +12mm with 195x50 work in the front?

2. Will I have to go to 15x7 +25mm and use a spacer to move it back towards the rim?

Back:

1. Can I go to a 15x8 with +12mm and 205x50s?

2. Should I stay with 15x7 +12mm (I don't need the +25mm in back)

Your quick responses based on your experiences are greatly appreciated as I am about to buy the staggered setup. Thanx.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have +25mm 15x7s on 510 struts up front and rear with 195/45/15s.

if going to a 280zx struts you could go +12 or maybe even O up front. Zero in back I think fenders need to be rolled.

This is a best guess on my part.

Indy on here is kinda a wheel expert,

dont be in a rush to buy unless you know it fits

what you wrote up top might work if your fenders are rolled. Just how it looks if the deeper dish up front compared to the back looks.

ak for otherpeoples set ups so you csn make a decision

Thank you, banzai for the quick response. I think that answers my front tire/rim selection.

I would like to get some confirmation on the back with 15x8 +12mm. Currently, the 13x7 +0 Libres are a tight fit, but it has the stock crossmember which gives it significant camber. I'm also installing Dean Sherman's slotted crossmember.

Maybe Indy will respond as well. Thanx again.

I am putting in the slotted crossmember to get away from the negative camber I have with my current suspension. :( I was hoping that the 15x8 +12mm would be doable without much hassle.

Doubtful. "Fixing" the rear negative camber makes an 8" wide wheel a tough fit.

There are some wheels out there in a 15x8 +25? If you're not scared of running longer studs and spacers those might be a better starting point.

• Like 1