(510) need pics of mounts for 4 door rear seat, please!?!

BlkSSnCPT

so I've been slowly doing a little work on my 4 door, cleaned up the interior a bit when i got it home a while ago and i noticed the rear bench wasn't bolted down but i was just going thru the interior quickly cleaning it up a bit... well i got a little bit of time to check it out when i pulled the motor and tranny out and i didn't see any mounts on the floor pan or any type of tabs on the under side of the seat...

can some of the fellow 4 door owners please post up pics of how the rear bench is mounted, please??? I'm sure i will have people sitting back there and i want to make sure the seat is secure, thnx in advance!!!

-Rob

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure the lower part has mounts...mine doesn't. It just slips down under the seat back and rests on the lip that is on the front of the platform the seat bottom rests on. The seat bottom metal spring has a molded indentation for that lip. It's that lip that keeps it in place along with the weight of the passenger(s).

Lip/Rail:

8245037213_d6b191051c_h.jpg

Molded Bottom:

8246105920_4df5e1c3a0_h.jpg

Under the Seat Back:

8245039929_21c5f29e4b_h.jpg

Found this pic. You can just see the clip at the bottom of the photo.

200New_Dime_014.jpg

right on, yea i can see it at the bottom there... thanks guys, I'm gonna mess with the car a bit this weekend and i plan on giving the interior a good cleaning so I'll probably mess with the seat and see if i can think of a good way of bolting it down...

-Rob