Replacement heater and intake by pass hoses 510

datzenmike

These are substitutes for the OEM molded hoses that are hard to find, expensive or non existing. They may fit 610/710s too or any application that needs a 90 degree molded heater hose.

This was posted by Byron on The 510 Realm so thank you Byron.

Single pass heater core alternative to OEM hoses for the interior side of heater assembly.

Dayco 86121 (2005 Kia Optima, 1989 Geo Spectrum, 1991 Chec Cavalier) can be utilized for both pieces – in fact you can make two sets out of the one hose!

Byronsheaterandbypasshoses003.jpg

Byronsheaterandbypasshoses004.jpgspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

Carburetor heat riser bypass hose alternatives to OEM, This is the line that runs from under the carb to the coolant inlet around the front of the motor when utilizing the stock OEM metal pipe.

Dayco 80394 (2004 Grand Vitarta, 1989 Honda Accord); Again this hose can be cut to fit both the 90 degree bend and the strait section required for installation of this bypass pipe.

Byronsheaterandbypasshoses001.jpgspacer.gif

Byronsheaterandbypasshoses002.jpgspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

• Like 3
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Somewhat on topic . . . does anyone have a source for Water Inlet Gasket for L16? I have searched all over. Thanks

Make your own!!!

Go to dollar store and buy a round hole punch, borrow kitchen scissors. Trace out gasket on cereal box. Hole punch the bolt holes. Hole punch the larger opening so you can finish with scissors and you are done. Do NOT use rtv just put it on and forget it. Use anti-seize compound on the bolts. I have cereal box thermostat cover and mount gaskets on my 710 right now and I'm about 1,500 miles into my travels. I never worry about gaskets.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

If anybody is interested, one issue when doing a CA SR or KA swap in a 510 is that some installations push these engines far back enough to hinder the ability to hook up the stock heater hoses!  We just did a CA18DET swap with this problem, so I pulled off the stock heater valve (most don't work anyway) & the two brass heater pipes that poke thru the firewall, bought a couple of Dayco #80407 heater hoses with a 90deg pre-formed bend at one end, ran them from the heater core over to the passenger side, looped thru the firewall (like the dealer installed AC hoses!) & then back to the engine.  I installed the hoses on the engine BEFORE installing the engine, cuz the inlet & outlet are difficult to get to with the engine stuffed in the 510!  I also installed a simple universal heater valve in the correct hose under the dash, made a new LONGER heater cable from a lawnmower solid core throttle cable & was able to use the stock ON-OFF heater slide control!  Should work great for our random weather changes here in the Spring & Fall!

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I had this issue on my RX-7 when I scrapped the tiny sequential hitachi turbos for a big T-72 turbo,  Honestly I found hat steel braided one would hold a shape...  Well mostly.  There is also this plastics braid that if you heat gun it it will hold its shape.  For any serious bends I just used some aluminum tubing, a pipe bender or welder for 90’s, and a double flange tool.  It looks fantastic and I don’t have to worry about blowing out a line at the bends.  Not sure on the dime but that happens quite a bit on the dorritos..

Edited by G8KeaPoR
On 7/6/2020 at 12:56 PM, yenpit said:

If anybody is interested, one issue when doing a CA SR or KA swap in a 510 is that some installations push these engines far back enough to hinder the ability to hook up the stock heater hoses!  We just did a CA18DET swap with this problem, so I pulled off the stock heater valve (most don't work anyway) & the two brass heater pipes that poke thru the firewall, bought a couple of Dayco #80407 heater hoses with a 90deg pre-formed bend at one end, ran them from the heater core over to the passenger side, looped thru the firewall (like the dealer installed AC hoses!) & then back to the engine.  I installed the hoses on the engine BEFORE installing the engine, cuz the inlet & outlet are difficult to get to with the engine stuffed in the 510!  I also installed a simple universal heater valve in the correct hose under the dash, made a new LONGER heater cable from a lawnmower solid core throttle cable & was able to use the stock ON-OFF heater slide control!  Should work great for our random weather changes here in the Spring & Fall!

Could you put a light bend in the tubes so they come out at an angle?  Never done that swap so if that’s a useless suggestion my apologies. 

On 8/13/2020 at 2:50 AM, G8KeaPoR said:

Could you put a light bend in the tubes so they come out at an angle?  Never done that swap so if that’s a useless suggestion my apologies. 

Nah, the OEM tubes only stick out of the firewall about 2in, so no length to bend! 

We just got a KA swapped 510 in our shop, I think the engine is mounted far enough forward that we can re-install a heater box (previous builder did not install) with the stock tubes.  I hope the same Dayco #80407 hoses with the 90deg preformed bend will work!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...