Blacked out Longchamps?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep me in mind if you change your mind :-)

Really? Did you come out this year at all? I would remember seeing that 311 haha

this year the car was in twousands of pieces cause the restoration, I was there last year and planing this new year. I'll keep you in mind iif I decide to sell them

Definitely Black.

I am like you, black wheels look better ina sports car. Easier to keep clean and protected from elements with proper powder coating or urethane coating.

You will not lose any class nor any looks, just like Watanabe wheels in black or gun metal grey.  Your Champs will look awesome.

Do it right, powder coating them and you will have a great set. Believe me, you will get three times as many complioments with black wheels as you would get with stock look. That means even though most people are afraid ( yes afraid) of taking a step for a change ( like changing the color of your wheels ) those same people will copmpliment your work. They wish they had the courage.

And if you end up becoming apprehensive about the color change by having expensive wheels that will act like a balast to your real tastes compelling you to drive stock color wheels as opposed to what you want, in that case sell those wheels and get something else, like minilites, black them out and you will have nice Watanabe  like wheels.

I have had that issue before, got some expensive wheels, drove my car for years with stuff I did not like, always dreaming about having those cool wheelos black. Sold those "expensive" wheels and finally got what I like. It is your car !!!  Remember that !!!!

Definitely Black.

I am like you, black wheels look better ina sports car. Easier to keep clean and protected from elements with proper powder coating or urethane coating.

You will not lose any class nor any looks, just like Watanabe wheels in black or gun metal grey.  Your Champs will look awesome.

Do it right, powder coating them and you will have a great set. Believe me, you will get three times as many complioments with black wheels as you would get with stock look. That means even though most people are afraid ( yes afraid) of taking a step for a change ( like changing the color of your wheels ) those same people will copmpliment your work. They wish they had the courage.

And if you end up becoming apprehensive about the color change by having expensive wheels that will act like a balast to your real tastes compelling you to drive stock color wheels as opposed to what you want, in that case sell those wheels and get something else, like minilites, black them out and you will have nice Watanabe  like wheels.

I have had that issue before, got some expensive wheels, drove my car for years with stuff I did not like, always dreaming about having those cool wheelos black. Sold those "expensive" wheels and finally got what I like. It is your car !!!  Remember that !!!!

Thank you man, good way to put it.. i have always loved the watanabe look and will probably end up going that direction

Of course, black them out ;)