To buy or Not to Buy / Whats it really worth?

Gensaiken

Well I've been checking out this 521 for a few weeks (mostly as refrence for putting my truck together..) I talked to the guy more in depth about the truck and the price is including the truck in the picture plus an extra truck which is complete but in a little rougher shape (supposedly needs a carb to get running, they have also mentioned that they are supposedly going to get it running soon..)

My question is, do you think 1750 is fair for a pair of 521 pick ups (I was figuring offering less)? I haven't seen the other truck but it sounds alright. From what the guys who work at the place selling the truck tell me that the brakes are like normal 521 brakes but if you push them too hard with out pumping the pedal it will pull sharply to one side.. I'm figuring its going to need some brake work.. Today I noticed under the hood something seems to be leaking on the driver's side of the block.. not sure what but looked kind of like a clear oil..

Other wise everything seems to be in decent shape. Interior is alright.. could use a little cleaning up.. dash cap is totally destroyed. Has some rust in the bed and the body looks like it was painted but quite a while ago.. the paint has its flaws.

0617081453.jpg

0617081452b.jpg

0617081452a.jpg

0617081452.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

from the outside i'd say it's worth it. interior and engine bay pics would be cool.:)

Engine bay looks nearly 100% stock.. (a few extras.. mostly some repaired wiring and a block heater) I'll nab engine bay pics. Interior is also fairly stock. All equipement appears to be present, even has the glove box in tact.

Supposedly I'm the only person who checks it out. It's been there for almost a month. Almost don't want to buy em because I have too many other datsuns lying around but its so hard to pass em up. I could likely split up the pair and sell one of em. Make some of my money back? How much do you guys think is a fair price for the pair or how much should I offer?

$1750? offer $175. Take a good look at the wavy sides and tail gate, lots of bondo in it. Someone slapped it together, even left you a free hole behind the driver's rear wheel. Parts (not body parts) only.

$1750? offer $175. Take a good look at the wavy sides and tail gate, lots of bondo in it. Someone slapped it together, even left you a free hole behind the driver's rear wheel. Parts (not body parts) only.

I noticed a lot of that. I think in a lot of areas they just sprayed paint over most of the dents. Didn't even bother fixing them.

We'll see what I decide to do about them. I don't know if I'd even be looking if I could get some parts for my truck :rolleyes:

please don't be a dick and offer 1000 or something gay like that, like others say. If they wanted to be insulted they probably don't need you to do it. I always use the rule if its worth what there asking then pay that, if not then find a value you think is. Withought looking at it personally I cant give you a good number and no one on here will be able to either, but buy not seeing it or the other truck and just looking at the pics I say its worth what they are asking. If its worth it in your eyes then tell them to get the other truck in running and driving condition and you will pay them full price, that way you can turn around and sell the other one. Just my opinion:D

And you cant possibly tell if and how much bondo in on that without looking at it guys. By the looks of it it probably doesn't have much at all since the dents are still there.

1300-1500 and walk away and use as a daily driver and fix what is needed.

call it good.

I dont see no major rust spots. Youl still get the thumbs up from peole driving that truck no matter how much bondo is underneath!!!!!!!!!

people love my green truck but the floors are ready to fall out!!!!!!!!

That was around the range I was considering.. I haven't looked super close for rust.. so there could be some sneaking around but what you've said sounds close to what I was thinking of doing.

please don't be a dick and offer 1000 or something gay like that, like others say. If they wanted to be insulted they probably don't need you to do it. I always use the rule if its worth what there asking then pay that, if not then find a value you think is. Withought looking at it personally I cant give you a good number and no one on here will be able to either, but buy not seeing it or the other truck and just looking at the pics I say its worth what they are asking. If its worth it in your eyes then tell them to get the other truck in running and driving condition and you will pay them full price, that way you can turn around and sell the other one. Just my opinion:D

And you cant possibly tell if and how much bondo in on that without looking at it guys. By the looks of it it probably doesn't have much at all since the dents are still there.

Yeah, I'm not going to waste my time and theirs but throwing them a price that low. Its going to be a few weeks till I get the money to actually consider buying those trucks. We'll see if I go for it.