Colorado rocks!

yenpit

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OH DEAR GOD BOB3'S MX520 TRUCK IS FAST AS HELL!!!!!! OMG THAT THING IS BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!! POUNDED IT ALL DAY LONG GIVING RIDES, AND NOT A HICCUP THAT I HEARD ABOUT!!!! Guess I'd better grab a beer, some munchies, sit down here at the computer, and spend the evening reading his build thread. Holy crap. If ANYBODY ever has the opportunity to go for a ride ON THE TRACK (street would be fun too!) with Bob, take it..........I'll betcha Bob gets as much of a kick giving rides, as he did building it!!!!

Bob, thank you sooooo much for a great day at the track! Perfect weather, cool cars (even Kaya's Simca!!) great people.........couldn't ask for more! Smiled all the way back to Denver. :thumbup:

TJ

• Like 1

Sorry I dipped out so quick, my dad was having knee issues and we were hungry :D thanks again bob for the ride in the truck, most fun I've had in a long time.

It was really nice to take the Honda out on the track even though it may not be the fastest car around :D I need to get the head built for it and do some exhaust work, if I don't sell it before I move to washington.

Was a great day on the track and I enjoyed meeting you guy's and seeing some datsun's.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey Dizer!  There are five guys listed in GJ, but not many posts between them, so may not still be around!  Go to top tool bar, choose "members", choose "more search options", scroll down to "location", type in grand junction, then send a PM  to see if they are still around.  I am going to try to post under "EVENTS" whenever we get together here in Denver or COS, but at this point, not much going on until Spring 2014.......just got back 1/2 hr ago from PPIR in COS for a vintage race AND the last drift event for the season.  Great day of racing & tire smoke!!

Another great Colorado Datsun day!  Drove an hour north today to look at an original owner, original paint, 126K mile 1982 720 base model 2WD, that I hope to go BACK to buy tomorrow!  I need a parts hauler!!  From there I drove another 45min west to meet a guy that had already sold (unfortunately for me!!) a pair of 1967 411 Sedans (see thread under 411, hope to see the buyer here on ratsun) that are both great cars, and then to see the 1972 4dr that he just bought (great buy!!).  Heading home, and I spot a ratty lowered 620 in a parts store parking lot, doubled back around the block, and met Ryan, who just bought the truck a few weeks ago!  Pretty cool "dragged out of a field" 620 with minimal rust, but some pretty heavy battle scars!  We talked for 1/2 hr, swapped contact info, and we should see him here on ratsun soon!  Stopped at an east coast style NY deli for a killer pastrami sandwich to make my tummy happy, and headed home.  What a great day!!  :thumbup:   

• Like 1

Well, I was capped at $600, and the 720 bid to $750.  A GREAT deal for somebody, cuz the auctioneers said it started right up & purred, with a jump.  Next one I suppose............... 

• 7 months later...