Datsun B310 turbo coupe, A15 project

Atomic

That manifold looks interesting. He stated the it could be used for fuel injection later on, but I would think that instead of cutting a $700 manifold, you would be better off designing one for fuel injection.

Just incase I mis-understood him, I sent him a message asking if the manifold was designed for fuel injection and, if so, what style injectors was it designed for. Pretty sure I won't buy one, but having the info may help others who do decide to buy one.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That manifold looks interesting. He stated the it could be used for fuel injection later on, but I would think that instead of cutting a $700 manifold, you would be better off designing one for fuel injection.

Just incase I mis-understood him, I sent him a message asking if the manifold was designed for fuel injection and, if so, what style injectors was it designed for. Pretty sure I won't buy one, but having the info may help others who do decide to buy one.

Could you post his reply to this forum? 

Could you post his reply to this forum? 

Sure thing, Here is the reply:

Hello kirden,

This manifold is primarily for draw-through carburetted turbo setup so I have not fitted a flange to the inlet port to accept a throttle body. This can be added later by you.

Similar with the injector bosses, they can be drilled into the inlet runners nice and close to the cylinder head and welded in place.

The price is intended to be minimum cost, unfortunately postage from here isn't particularly great.

I have a set ready to go if you are interested, alternatively I can fabricate an EFI manifold for you? It would be considerably more expensive though.

- sunnyspares
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, it has been really long time since last post! 

But it's summer now, whoooaaa! +24C outside and the sun is shining, so i decided to bring her outside too :)

20130510_160829_by_atomicsickness-d64why

those ugly coupe stickers are going to leave :D if you can find me the original emblems i would be happy :)

20130510_161444_by_atomicsickness-d64wi7

I really like this model and i'm glad that i started working with it. Even if the engine fails I know that I will keep this body as my hobby build :)

20130510_161437_by_atomicsickness-d64wic

That tiny little exhaust, ahhaha :D And that ugly plastic bumper, ugh. I'm glad that we have chrome bumpers waiting for this ;) And we're painting the rear lights full red so it will look like ''american'' model

20130510_160851_by_atomicsickness-d64wih

Sun is shining, yeah!

20130511_154342_by_atomicsickness-d64wio

Some welding

20130511_154347_by_atomicsickness-d64wiv

More welding

20130511_173921_by_atomicsickness-d64wj0

Even more welding, actually we were kind a surprised how much there was rust as we thought that the rear would have been rust free, but no....

20130511_183758_by_atomicsickness-d64wj5

Got the exhaust off and the gas tank. Gas tank is looking pretty good so i'm going to sand blast it and paint it again :)

20130511_194522_by_atomicsickness-d64wjb

Cut over here, cut over there. Yeah, Needs loads of bodywork... 

Hope that this ''welding'' post didn't bore you to death. But I'm glad that finally we can work outside and all the welding gasses wont get my head dizzy. We might get this welding done by next weekend (remember that we work only 2 days in a week, so it's a bit slow). After that we can start the sandblasting and paint some primer to the body. 

About the cam bearings, they're not here! :( we ordered them like 3 weeks ago.. Gotta email to seller... But we paid with credit card so it might take some time while bank transaction (did i say it right).

Sooo, you guys have any color suggestions for this beast? I mean it's going to be lower than in pictures, about 10cm lower. And I wanna have that mean look :D I have thought about mat black and some mat white skulls. hmm, I should make a picture for you guys.

Cya till next time, cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Sup guys! You never going to guess what I found!! Original condition Datsun B310 Coupe 140y with 5-speed tranny, cost 1500 euros. And now it's mine!! 

Here's the youtube link if you want to see it ;) Chrome here, chrome there, sweet!

Please watch in full HD ;)

Oh what i'd give for that tacho you've got!

Nice car, are you gonna put the engine in that? And scrap the other shell?

Ya, i love that tacho! 

Yes, i'm planning to do that :) I'm going to spare the other shell, because it's so rare. And gather some parts for it and paint it ready and then i'm going to store it :p

Good news everyone.

1592M - Camshaft Bearing Set

is the one you're looking for if u can't find the original ones, they fit many other datsun engines too :)

1204m_ang.jpg

Fits:  • Datsun B110 ( 1.2 L 1171 Cc L4 ) 1971 - 1972 • Datsun 1200 ( 1.2 L 1171 Cc L4 ) 1971 - 1973 • Datsun B210 ( 1.3 L 1288 Cc L4 ) 1974 • Datsun B210 ( 1.4 L 1397 Cc L4 ) 1975 - 1978 • Datsun 210 ( 1.2 L 1237 Cc L4 ) 1980 - 1982 • Datsun 210 ( 1.4 L 1397 Cc L4 ) 1979 - 1982 • Datsun 310 ( 1.4 L 1397 Cc L4 ) 1979 - 1980 • Datsun F10 ( 1.4 L 1397 Cc L4 ) 1976 - 1978

You're welcome :D

• Like 1

And our cam bearings wouldn't come because my dad misspelled their billing information wrong, haha. But now it should be okay and i have 2 months free from school. Time to do something, yay!

Sup guys, we went today for a car sales market and we found some sheet metal parts for my coupe. (rocker panels, which are very rare! and new headlights + passenger side front fender). Still waiting for the bearings. And we have some other things that keeps us busy. Last evening we noticed that someone has broke into our storage (which is a little further away from our home) and there was my new datsun and our volvo with keys inside. But the good side is that they didn't take anything, one wall was tore apart and lock was destroyed. So now we need to fix those and get some kind of CCTV there :/ 

+ i have a summer job.

When i get those bearings, i will put that engine back together and I'm planning to fit it to my new datsun, which have now 5-speed tranny. I'll be posting something next week, it's a promise! ;)

FUCK YEAH! I got the bearings! This time we're going to take them to machinery so it's going to be their fault if something goes wrong (buahaha). And now I'm going out to cut some metal, more pictures today i would say

• Like 1

20130611_181136_by_atomicsickness-d68nb3

Here are the new bearings from Australia!

20130611_203343_by_atomicsickness-d68nbl

Next up was the brake system modification so i needed to drill holes, you'll see

20130611_203528_by_atomicsickness-d68nbw

And my modification works perfectly on volvos' brake bracket(or what is it called). It needs fine grinding to that part. Oh and on the right side is the block where I started the other one.

20130611_203203_by_atomicsickness-d68nbc

Perfect fit with 12mm drill holes! (I'm so accurate, ahhaha)

Tomorrow I'll be doing the other part and then i need to do some fine tuning on those, more grinding etc. That they would look like factory made(almost at least ;) )

And those brake system parts need some painting and sand blasting. I'm probably going to paint them RED

Hi guys, just wanted to show how those parts are made of-->

20130612_173049_by_atomicsickness-d68r8i

I didn't get this part finished because it started to rain. I will probably drill some holes to  this one tomorrow and then i need to figure our how to get those nice curves to these, any suggestions or tricks?

plasma cutter, then a grinder to smooth it out. If all you have is a grinder.... Hold your hand steady, and get ready to take a bit of time doing it. There is no easy way without proper tools... 

You could always make a little card cutout of what you need done, and take it into a shop and have them cut it...  would be easier, but a few bucks out of pocket.

plasma cutter, then a grinder to smooth it out. If all you have is a grinder.... Hold your hand steady, and get ready to take a bit of time doing it. There is no easy way without proper tools... 

You could always make a little card cutout of what you need done, and take it into a shop and have them cut it...  would be easier, but a few bucks out of pocket.

I have rough cut it, but i didn't take a picture of it. I used grinder with smoothing blade ( or what is it called ). But i think it's too small for larger curves :/ Belt grinder would be handy, but i don't own any

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, more pics comming tomorrow. But hey guys, did i do something wrong? When i assembled the new piston rings and i managed to get the piston to its hole with a pistonring special tool, i find it very hard to do a full circle with new piston rings installed (with hands). (compared when there was old piston rings it moved better). And yes, i added lubrication there. But i guess it just need more time and lubrication?

• Atomic changed the title to Datsun B310 turbo coupe, A15 project