Jump to content
Atomic

Datsun B310 turbo coupe, A15 project

Recommended Posts

Spent some time and made the copper gasket layout, drew a pencil sketch over the block and scanned, then transferred to CAD:

img_20200125_111626_by_atomicsickness_dd

img_20200125_111750_by_atomicsickness_dd

 

I will print it out first and test what should be modified, but i can start to ask for quotations for water jet cutting

 

Edited by Atomic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Bought new tomei intake gaskets from blackhawkjapan, should be here in 4 days

https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/?rfsn=3717819.124d3d

 

Also ordered AISI 304 stainless wire 0.041 inch thickness for the rings. Found it with 68 meters, so that should last quite some time, lol. Cost 40 bucks

Edited by Atomic

Share this post


Link to post

yvBpYBe.jpg

 

Fl8NQtp.jpg

 

uJhbNQV.jpg

 

BHtHvdE.jpg

 

This is for a KA24E head which pushes water into the left side of the block past the cylinders, up into the head and right and out the intake runners and the very front of the head. L series flows from the pump into the right side of the cylinders up, and out the left side of the head, basically opposite. This is a Z22 block so even more complicated.... the coolant flows out the right side of head.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

This is for a KA24E head which pushes water into the left side of the block past the cylinders, up into the head and right and out the intake runners and the very front of the head. L series flows from the pump into the right side of the cylinders up, and out the left side of the head, basically opposite. This is a Z22 block so even more complicated.... the coolant flows out the right side of head.

Cool!

Share this post


Link to post

Cost $2 and a couple of hours work.... and 3 hours of thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Cost $2 and a couple of hours work.... and 3 hours of thinking.

Well that certanly was cheap, I might want to make a couple of extra ones to sell. So thinking about water jet cutting

Share this post


Link to post

I have an $80 drill press and tin snips. Fleshed out the cylinder holes with a cylindrical sanding roll and electric drill. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/25/2020 at 9:17 PM, datzenmike said:

I have an $80 drill press and tin snips. Fleshed out the cylinder holes with a cylindrical sanding roll and electric drill. 

It will cost 35 euros To make one water jet cut gasket. I will probably make 4 and sell the 3 of them. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.