Atomic

Datsun B310 turbo coupe, A15 project

Spent some time and made the copper gasket layout, drew a pencil sketch over the block and scanned, then transferred to CAD:

img_20200125_111626_by_atomicsickness_dd

img_20200125_111750_by_atomicsickness_dd

I will print it out first and test what should be modified, but i can start to ask for quotations for water jet cutting

Edited by Atomic
  • Like 1

Bought new tomei intake gaskets from blackhawkjapan, should be here in 4 days

https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/?rfsn=3717819.124d3d

Also ordered AISI 304 stainless wire 0.041 inch thickness for the rings. Found it with 68 meters, so that should last quite some time, lol. Cost 40 bucks

Edited by Atomic

yvBpYBe.jpg

Fl8NQtp.jpg

uJhbNQV.jpg

BHtHvdE.jpg

This is for a KA24E head which pushes water into the left side of the block past the cylinders, up into the head and right and out the intake runners and the very front of the head. L series flows from the pump into the right side of the cylinders up, and out the left side of the head, basically opposite. This is a Z22 block so even more complicated.... the coolant flows out the right side of head.

15 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

This is for a KA24E head which pushes water into the left side of the block past the cylinders, up into the head and right and out the intake runners and the very front of the head. L series flows from the pump into the right side of the cylinders up, and out the left side of the head, basically opposite. This is a Z22 block so even more complicated.... the coolant flows out the right side of head.

Cool!

Cost $2 and a couple of hours work.... and 3 hours of thinking.

2 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Cost $2 and a couple of hours work.... and 3 hours of thinking.

Well that certanly was cheap, I might want to make a couple of extra ones to sell. So thinking about water jet cutting

I have an $80 drill press and tin snips. Fleshed out the cylinder holes with a cylindrical sanding roll and electric drill. 

On 1/25/2020 at 9:17 PM, datzenmike said:

I have an $80 drill press and tin snips. Fleshed out the cylinder holes with a cylindrical sanding roll and electric drill. 

It will cost 35 euros To make one water jet cut gasket. I will probably make 4 and sell the 3 of them.