J13 carb kits....

KFunk740

http://www.ebay.com/...=item51a4163c44

I think they screwed up the description, but the pictures and the item title look to be correct for the J13 with Nikki carb. I contacted the seller to tell him my concern, but haven't got a response yet.

edit: I received a response from the seller, and I was correct in pointing out the mistake. The correct Datsun kit as pictured is on its way.

I went ahead and bought one, and the estimated delivery is Saturday.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I should note that they aren't super rare. You can get them thru your local nissan dealer, or nissanparts.cc if you look up part# 16010-16525 and 16010-16528. The Nissan dealer wouldn't tell me any description of what was in them or what they looked like before he ordered them, so I never took the risk. But the ebay auction shows the pics, and it still comes out $10 cheaper than than nissanparts.cc and 20 or so cheaper than the local nissan dealer.

I got the same kit from them. It was for the j13 Nikki. If you're still having trouble, I found a chinese clone maker for the later model nikki carb. I bought one from them and had it in 3 days via DHL. It's meant to replace the Oct. '66 and later. I have to get the side mount 520/521 accelerator cable to make it work. I put it on and she fired up as soon as it got some gas. 1/2 turn on the idle jet and she's ready to roll.

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/204092271.html

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully I won't need that, but glad they're out there.

I received my carb kit yesterday, and the guy even threw in a condenser, dizzy rotor, and a card full of fuses taped to some biblical verses, for some odd reason. I guess that'll get him some positive feedback.

I'm not having any major carb problems, and don't plan on rebuilding it until I get real bored. The truck runs great, but requires a partial choking while cruising at constant speeds to keep it from occasionally hesitating. So, I can deal with it, but would rather have the problem fixed sometime. All I can figure is a partially clogged main jet/passageway, or the wrong sized main jet, but I haven't peeked in there yet to find out.

• 3 months later...