KA24E harness help

SlammedSunny

I just got my KA24E swap back to my house and noticed that the harness has a few "flaws" a couple cut wires and broken connectors. The main one is that the o2 sensor has been completly bypassed the harness and ran as a seperate line straight to the ECU. mainly I want to know what color the O2 sensor wire is so i can repair it and run it properly again. Second, I am missing a lot of the metal clips that hald the connecters in place, IE. injectors, ect... Can I buy these new? or even the whole connector new and replace them as i have a few that the plastic is broken. Thanks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14ea8999.jpg

looks like a white wires what you're after. unfortunately there are multiple white wires so you may have to unwrap the harness and trace it from the ecu pin. prob the better way to do it anyway tho incase you find a fault in the wire...there's usually a reason things are rigged like that

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright here's some more info on the wiring, the wiring diagram pics can be enlarged and zoomed to make all the font legible. they should be high enough resolution that you can read eveything

KA24E Engine harness diagram

43C63173-F196-44F4-871D-D16FA4724DDA-3206-000007406527AAE1.jpg

510 Chassis Diagram (not sure if anyone needs this but I'm just posting all related info at this point)

F05291CD-C72B-4649-B358-AC7C3967C693-3206-00000740606DF25D.jpg

240sx engine bay with locations of sensory and emissions components

7F1E5717-571F-47F2-915E-B52365447AB6-5630-00000EDA96E57696.jpg

If you want to pull the emissions stuff off you can lose #'s 1, 2, 4, 6, & 8. You can probably pull the charcoal canister as well but I can't really help anyone on how to do that (probably just literally remove it lol) since my engine didnt come with one, then again most ppl who swap probably wont put the charcoal canister in to start with. I used this thread to pull the smog stuff, lmk if anything isnt clear

http://www.ka-t.org/...pic.php?t=10789

ok so ive got a 240 ka24e and im wondering if a hardbody ka24e ecu can be used on them and if anyone has tried, ive looked at the diagrams in all the fsm's and it seems that id need to move 1-2 pins and the only other issue is one has a full throttle swith and the other doesnt... can anyone help?

something tells me you aren't gonna find anyone whose tried that. which really means the only way to find out is try it. I only have the information I posted (haven't seen the hardbody wiring diagram) but it sounds like it could work if you switch those pins.

only thing is whats a full throttle switch? I'm guessing it tells the ECU when you're at full throttle but why? the ECU's using that information to control something. figure out what its controling and go from there.

or find a hardbody ecu, switch the pins you know need switching and plug it in, but I'd try to figure out what the deal is with the full throttle switch.