1976 F10 ftw

Didn't know this car existed... shows how much I know, haha. Anyhow it's pretty clean: http://www.curtscashcorner.com/1976_datsun_f10.htm

I can't decide whether I think it's ugle or not... It's on ebay right now as well: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1976-Datsun-F10-Sportwagon-1-Owner-105K-Nice-F-10-76-NR_W0QQitemZ190229357041QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item19022935€7041&

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of weird - I just logged on to ask about F10s and saw your post from yesterday. I talked to a guy this evening who is cleaning up some property he sold and has an F10 hatchback that is going to the crusher if someone doesn't rescue it. I Googled for F10 and there is almost no information, so I'm curious if anyone here on Ratsun knows anything about them. Any serious problems with the front wheel drive? Parts impossible to find? Since there seems to have been a recent surge of interest in 610s, is it time for an F10 revival? Yeah, the looks of them is probably an acquired taste.

Len

The F10 is the only Datsun he has. It is near Odessa; I'm in Harrington (both in Lincoln county). The title for the F10 is missing, although the guy has a hulk slip. Everyone I talk to has a different story on how easy/hard it is to get a title for a hulk in WA. Maybe it is time for me to find out for myself, probably the hard way.

It looks like you are mostly into trucks, but just in case you missed this:

http://pullman.craigslist.org/car/699889979.html

Automatic, but it would have an L20b, and maybe much cheaper than the asking price.

I know of a couple of first generation 200SXs (S10, aka Little Spaceships) for sale up here, if you know anyone into weird Datsuns.

I don't know if you ever make it to Spokane. There are a couple of Pull n Save yards that get Datsun trucks fairly often. I just found reference to a third P&S I've never been to, so that has me excited.

Len

I dont make it to offen to Spokane but I'm heading to "spook a lue" this week, I found a 70 521 with a L20B w/5 speed. They told me that I can pull anything off it for 100 $ bill, lots of good stuff left on it.

I would like to get into the datto cars but there is nothing around here but I have not giving up trying to find one or 2 or more.

I'll check out the P/S spots when I get up there this week. Give me a heads up if you discover anything you dont want and het price isn't to high. L8R

420n620 - The two best yards in Spokane I know of are: http://www.pullandsave.com/ That is the really big one with lots of vehicles, but they get picked over really fast. Note the online inventory list. Also: Pick-n-Pull, 8525 N. Freya - on the far north side of Spokane. Small yard, but had a few trucks the last time I was there. Google Maps will give good directions.

I'm going this evening to look at the F10. I'm actually hoping it will be pretty rough, so I can walk away from it. If it is decent, I suppose I will have to try to save it from the crusher.

Len

Biggest problem with F10s was rust- seems the early FWD Datsuns were even worse than the RWD Datsuns in that area. They are tiny little things, with the transverse-mounted A14 and the really weird transaxle (to change the clutch, you disassemble the top half of the transaxle without removing it from the car).

I looked at the F10, and I may be able to leave it there. It has rust, but in odd places - around the hatch rear window and around the badges on the rear fenders, where the holes are really obvious. And they are not tiny pin holes, but tip-of-my-little-finger size holes. Oddly, both engine and trans dipsticks show no oil. Maybe both were drained, but why? A mystery that I probably don't want to solve.

The car does have a 5-speed, so along with the A14 engine, it probably gets much better mileage than my L20b 200SX. When gas hits $5 or $6 a gallon, I may kick myself for passing the F10 up. And the rust = less weight = better mileage.

Len

ezcruiser - I grabbed a couple of shots with my Nikon F2 - film, not digi, so it will take a few days to finish the roll. The camera (about a '72, I think) is older than the car ('76). Don't trust those new fangled electronics - carbs and film forever! I should have taken a few closeups of the rust, in case I start thinking it wasn't that bad.

The car really isn't any worse than my other two Datsuns. I just don't feel like another project right now. I think pulling the Z20e engine from an '81 200SX over the weekend kind of did me in. Especially since I don't have any real use for the engine, except maybe some of the parts. Didn't want the crusher to get it though.

Len

i got a buddy who really needs a few f10 parts

if any of you've got some spare time and we could figure out a deal to make you happy for getting involved

here's what he needs:

-rear bumper end cap (made of rubber, right hand side)

-2-spoke steering wheel

-Transmission control linkage for 5-speed

pm or post reply if you can help

Barabuda - If the F10 I've been looking at ends up at one of the local crushers, I may be able to get parts, but tell your buddy it is a long shot. There is still a danger the thing may end up in my driveway, in which case I wouldn't want to part out. There was an ad on Spokane Craigslist a couple of months ago (now removed) for a whole herd of F10 parts cars, four of them I think, free for the hauling, here in E. Washington. It is possible the cars are still there, if some hulk hauler didn't get them. If I get near there, I'll check (town of Thornton, WA, I recall).

Len

I'll keep an eye open for F10 parts. I've seen at least one at Pull n Save, and another at a crush, where I could have grabbed parts. Maybe another will show up. I think E WA may have a number of Datsuns because Jaremko in Spokane was an early West coast dealer. I remember a local guy buying two Datsuns before the 510 came out (411s? I don't know for sure).

I'm still tossin' an' turnin' (to quote an old rock n roll song) over the nearby F10 hatchback. The F10 wagon that sold on eBay today for $3250 got me thinking a free hatchback (although in nowhere as good condition) might be worth something. A friend today assured me getting a title from a hulk slip here in WA is eeeasy. A couple of other guys would be happy to haul it for me just to know I'd be in trouble with my wife. Good to have friends.

Len