Project Ocean Spray 1969 510

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I had about an hour before it got dark to mess around with it today. Swapped in a good battery and almost all the lights work including the tails, which kinda surprised me. The starter wasn't turning it over though so I dropped in a good spare that I had in the garage and got the motor to spin. Next step is an oil change and clean out the gas tank before I really try to get it running.

It Runs! :w00t: I spent about an hour and a half on the points dizzy with zero success before I got fed up and dropped in a pertronix converted dizzy that I had laying around. She fired right up. I need to get all the nasty gas out of the system and play with the carb though because it wont idle or rev very high. On the plus side it built oil pressure right away and didn't smoke, which surprised me. Once I get some decent gas in it and some tweaks done I will work on the clutch master and slave as they both look seized.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I threw some tuneup parts at it today and it ran a little smoother but I think the carb is junk. It idles sometimes but won't rev past 3k or so. The bummer was once it warmed up I could hear the rods knockin, not real bad but definitely noticeable. I don't want to get too deep into this car, so now I need to decide what to do with it.  Sell it or part it out. :confused: If you are interested in buying it PM me!

• 4 months later...