Project Ocean Spray 1969 510

I just picked up a 69 4-door dime from a cranberry farmer in Grayland. He thought it was a 68 and told me that over the phone, so I was a little disappointed to see a 69 when we rolled up, but he gave me a good deal and we already drove 2 1/2 hours to get there, so we loaded it up. She is rough with a good hit in the rear, but is complete and was on the road last in 03 and garaged since then. The ocean air still made its mark on the paint though. On the plus side it has an L20b/4-speed, floors look OK, and the interior looks mostly complete. I don't plan an extensive project but I'm still unsure exactly what to do with it. Any ideas?

photo-84.jpgphoto-77.jpgphoto-82.jpgphoto-83.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up a 69 4-door dime from a cranberry farmer in Grayland. He thought it was a 68 and told me that over the phone, so I was a little disappointed to see a 69 when we rolled up, but he gave me a good deal and we already drove 2 1/2 hours to get there, so we loaded it up. She is rough with a good hit in the rear, but is complete and was on the road last in 03 and garaged since then. The ocean air still made its mark on the paint though. On the plus side it has an L20b/4-speed, floors look OK, and the interior looks mostly complete. I don't plan an extensive project but I'm still unsure exactly what to do with it. Any ideas?

photo-84.jpgphoto-77.jpgphoto-82.jpgphoto-83.jpg

Nice body.

I think your first plan of action is to sell me the L20. I'll come over to help you pull it :)

Glad to see you save another one Jeff. Even with that rear hit, looks like an easy project to get back on the road. I've had 6 offers on my car in the last couple weeks... Maybe we could team up and you could get it to a good home if you want.

Never seen that car ever , which is weird for such a small town, where in Grayland did you get it ?? I know the roads..

The guy lived right in the cranberry bogs (I already forgot the street but right off the main drag) from a guy named Ron. He helps run the Olympus rally.

I think your first plan of action is to sell me the L20. I'll come over to help you pull it :)

Glad to see you save another one Jeff. Even with that rear hit, looks like an easy project to get back on the road. I've had 6 offers on my car in the last couple weeks... Maybe we could team up and you could get it to a good home if you want.

Yeah it will be for sale after cleaning it up. Maybe I'll lower it on some ebay coilovers and pound out the damage a bit.

The guy lived right in the cranberry bogs (I already forgot the street but right off the main drag) from a guy named Ron. He helps run the Olympus rally.

It`s weird i never would have suspected ole man Barker had that hidden away all this time...Right down the road from where you got that is a 65 mustang that was bought at kustom kar korner in Lynwood and parked , because the dudes kid didn`t want it,, now it`s about 2 feet tall..

Here she is after a wash, not much of a difference. I still haven't tried to get it started cause I have been putting the white car back together, but I did push the tail panel damage out a little with my hands. The trunk lid is pretty wasted tho, I don't think it will latch right again, and both latches are missing, so I'm thinking about bending it back the best I can and using hood pins. Good idea?

photo-92.jpg

photo-93.jpg