DO WORK SON! Let's see pics of your Datsun/Nissans being used AS TRUCKS WERE DESIGNED.

JoeCool

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

My truck is too low i ruined it i cant haul stuff.

20140905_182442.jpg

20140905_182433.jpg

20140905_182518.jpg

20140905_182533.jpg

20140915_210533.jpg

20140915_212126.jpg

LOL. What about load control bags?

They sit between the frame and spring or axle, can be filled with a bike pump or compressor, and can support an additional 2k pounds. Nice for setting your truck up for handling/stance and still be able to USE it.

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

See my profile pic...yes a bit overloaded. If I had pictures of all the loads I have moved with a datsun the law would put me in prison......When u have 45oolbs on the rear axle and 1500 on the front.......that is 1.5tons of payload!! GOOD RUBBER REQUIRED!!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

For this reason I try always to have a Datsun PU and a Datsun car in the drive way. I am not a fan of Truck > car OR car > truck. Make up your mind and buy what you need. BUT that is just my stupid opinion.

I once had a small block chev in a Sentra....sitting where the passenger seat shoulda been. Was a running joke 4 a while..."yep my sentra has a 350 chev in it..."

Buddy of mine was moving outta state and was making the final pass @ his storage unit. I had a cherry picker, roll-away, 350 motor/trans, oodles of tools, engine stand, more all stuffed inside my 84 2dSentra sedan(approx 2100lbs). 350 was in car for about a month till I had help getting it out.

Best huntin' rig ever!!! I even used it one time to pull an 18 foot HD tandem dovetail equip trailer loaded with an 80's GM 3/4ton rolling chassis on 44's. Got some funny looks driving thru the UofO campus....1 or 2 'right-on' nods. All I had @ the time 2 do what I had 2......damn I miss that car!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is the only other pic I have on hand right now. I'll post more later.

The cover sits flush with the bed. The lady I purchased it from said it came off an s10. I don't know if that's true but I had to take it apart and cut a little off the sides to get it to fit. The gas struts and mounting hardware are from fleabay. The front piano hinges came with the cover.

6234222B-61AA-4290-B0F3-98540B558A10.jpg

• Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes. I like that cover. Jrock says its a checkmate brand. Google imaged it looks like the same style. But are no longer making them.

Pic for fun.

I has no radio. But i still has antenna... and put it to use.

20150306_173927_zpsov3c2srt.jpg

Dueceduce was my passanger holding on to the trim(extra bungee). Jousting style. Him getting out was awkward. Having to exit via driver side.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the only other pic I have on hand right now. I'll post more later.

The cover sits flush with the bed. The lady I purchased it from said it came off an s10. I don't know if that's true but I had to take it apart and cut a little off the sides to get it to fit. The gas struts and mounting hardware are from fleabay. The front piano hinges came with the cover.

6234222B-61AA-4290-B0F3-98540B558A10.jpg

I really like these and I've been trying to figure out their exact construction layer by layer in order to recreate it. Any possibility I could get some close-ups of the lid edge materials and how it comes apart? I would really appreciate as I'd love one for my truck and I'd love to make a diy post.