Chevy S10 seats, oh no, Chevyboy is back!

HRH

Ok, not actually, though that thread still give me chuckles. In all seriousness I have a 2004 S10 for a NAPA delivery truck. The seat is absolute crap. It's ripped to pieces in front, and almost all the support bars in the back are broken off. You sink down into it like a lazy boy and it's beginning to bother the back of my driver.

Of course, anyone in business knows, why would you put a wrecking yard 300-400 dollar seat assembly in an S10 that's worth about 500? In other words, there's no way in hell the company will pay for that, and it comes out of our profits if we did spend that money. (Of course the whole point of a business is to be profitable.)

Short of it is, I'm going to replace the seat. I know I can put ANY seat in it. The problem is I will likely be doing it on work time on a Sunday with air not available, nor my welder, unless I want to drag all that crap to the store, which I don't. I tried some Chevy forums and didn't find my helpful information beside racer magoo put some generic seats from craporama or found a 600 dollar Corbeau seat assembly.

I know some of you work on the domestic side of things. Are there any common seat assemblies (bucket or bench) that fit the dimensions of an '04 S10 that can be found in the wrecking yard in good condition (key thing here) for reasonable monies? As little modification as possible would be nice.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found some buckets at the wrecking yard, looks like they'll fit in. I know they do in d21 cabs regardless of extended cab orbit they're pine the same. I'll find out Sunday when we have some time to put them in.