Help With This disc Brake set up on a 620

whitey01

I'll try to spin by Jimmy's tomorrow and grab a card if I can't find mine at home.

The bottom line is some people are guided by experience, others by hacks and many by just ignorance or not knowing. Unfortunately you got the last two. Most of us here have at least one or two of those traits as well, but it's usually the first and the last which makes us almost like the one in the middle LOL.

Absolute worse case, pay my 12 hour wage for a day, I'll take off and I guarantee you we'll get it done or at least close to very done and be able to identify what you need to do next. BUT, I'd like to do it at my house (less than a mile from Jimmy's). I got what I need there. Your best bet though is Jimmy...unless you want to throw a BBQ and invite a bunch of us hacks over...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do you guy think I should oder the Wilwood brake proportioning vale for $75 if i need it i want to be ready

Here is a link for the adjustable proportioning valve for significantly less that $75.

I'm not so sure that you are going to need it though.

Ditto

$42 adjustable wil-wood cheapy proportioning valve = http://www.jegs.com/...CFUjZQgodKQgAqA

Just in case if the time comes.

I'll try to spin by Jimmy's tomorrow and grab a card if I can't find mine at home.

The bottom line is some people are guided by experience, others by hacks and many by just ignorance or not knowing. Unfortunately you got the last two. Most of us here have at least one or two of those traits as well, but it's usually the first and the last which makes us almost like the one in the middle LOL.

Absolute worse case, pay my 12 hour wage for a day, I'll take off and I guarantee you we'll get it done or at least close to very done and be able to identify what you need to do next. BUT, I'd like to do it at my house (less than a mile from Jimmy's). I got what I need there. Your best bet though is Jimmy...unless you want to throw a BBQ and invite a bunch of us hacks over...

If Jimmy Can Not do it. I could bring it over an you me we an any one else but my new friend can help in the evenig an you can work in the day an recive 12 hour wage!! then I could drive to the next Ratsun meet an if some says hello I wont bail because i do not know how to tear my engine aprt an put it back to gether yet

oldschoolVW...I see a FRAM filter on that 510.

We are not new, are we?

:poke:

Next...180hp? Really? Whatchu got?

Now, what is a 2-1-2 exhaust and how will that make power?

You say your "new friend" told you this. Is that the new friend that built you a leaking motor?

All I see is the same thing being said over and over again...with no progression.

Is it starting to smell a bit trollish in here?

Not trying to be a dick, but really?

Get with it.

You come with a bunch of cool stories, Bro.

But it's time to shit.

to each, there own....

I've seen his work and know he can get our buddy here up and running fo' sho' mofo.

go buy a datsun :-)

P.S. I soaked them seatbelts you sent me and hand washed the living shit out them like 12 times. They shiny and soft like a baby bottom now. There was literally like a cup of mud when I got done. Just figuring out how to restore the buckle now.

P.S. I soaked them seatbelts you sent me and hand washed the living shit out them like 12 times. They shiny and soft like a baby bottom now. There was literally like a cup of mud when I got done. Just figuring out how to restore the buckle now.

Glad you made good of those.

And soon.

:fu:

Is it starting to smell a bit trollish in here?

Not trying to be a dick, but really?

Get with it.

You come with a bunch of cool stories, Bro.

But it's time to shit.

i was starting to think the same thing...might be time to grab his ip address and google maps him and see if theres realy been a 620 in his driveway for three years......

we should start a google maps sightings thread....find yourself on google maps and be a king for the day

I Think Ratsun Has been Hacked I made a update yesterday an now it is gone !! I Talked to (Top Jimmy) late Friday. I was able to have my 620 droped off Sunday afternoon. If Any one needs a Wilwood Front Disc brakes.. It in front of his Shop!!

I Think Ratsun Has been Hacked I made a update yesterday an now it is gone !! I Talked to (Top Jimmy) late Friday. I was able to have my 620 droped off Sunday afternoon. If Any one needs a Wilwood Front Disc brakes.. It in front of his Shop!!

There were problems. Some posts from this morning were lost.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/49257-recent-black-out/

• 3 weeks later...

Just a update every one My truck is done an I will be picking it up some time tomorrow!! Also I had A bad oil leak you know the one were you fill up the gas tank an the oil at the same time the oil will run out be fore the gas runs out.. looks like i will be able to put some miles on it... i have after market fenders valace new crome bumper an outer door sqeegee. i will have to install be cause my new friend that did the brakes an motor crashed my tuck in to his car in front his house i have to type the 13 yr old is out with mom.

Whitey is on the road with brakes.

Hey everyone, I got my truck back from Top Jimmy's. I have good brakes!! now for the first time ever.... My mystery oil leak s fixed. I was leaking 5 qts oil per fill up!! I had my car towed from my new friend mechanic back to my house then towed to Top Jimmy's and drove home with my daily driver going 80+ up 237 freeway back home. Everything sounds good, I haven't even turned the radio on yet. Top Jimmy explained everything he did in detail but I did not understand (my fault) but I understood 100% when I was driving. I have a nice mood steady idle instead of up and down sticky trottle. I also picked up a header and will have that installed in a few weeks. I want to drive around and play around with it for a while. It feels so good to have a nice brake pedal feel.

Just want to thank everyone I was ready to have it sit in my drive way for another 3 years after my new freind on criglist messed it up!!

Disc Brakes on my 620 with a Nice pedal Feel is a beautiful thing!!

• Like 1