Help With This disc Brake set up on a 620

whitey01

Loose rear brakes stump even the most experienced of tech's.

I see it all the time.

Hell, this may be a bit advanced, but your brake pedal pushrod could be seriously out of adjustment too.

I have seen people pull their hair out chasing the easiest slight adjustments that make all sync together properly.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone

all i think about is my front brake. if i ever take a bong hit it is not going to be with my new freind. my new friend had 2 Datsun 510!! a nice house an all the tools!! he has 3-- 5gl buckets of spare datsun bolts an nuts an washers . he looked like the guy who could do it eyes closed with one hand. in the olden day the shop wood call up 3 to 5 time telling me bad news. more work an more bucks guys get clip board write plate # liscone # takes notes back in the office an enter in the computer with estimete more than i paid for car

the wilwood dose make a nice set up every thing fits real nice perfet lazer cut.

I an confused !!! do i need a proportioning valve i thought if i have drum i don't need one then i hear i do need one should i stick with wilwood PV it is $75 bucks there is no returns if i dont use it.

I spent more for the engine rebulid than the brakes an the Trucks still leaks all the oil like it did be fore I brought it there Plus my fenders hood bumper an lower valace an the pice below the winsheild is damaged I decided I am not going to bring this truck up to were i had my plans I just want to keep it as a daily driver an go to lowes or help people more or some thing.

I think I will look for another Datsun

This reminds me the time I went to a foreigon country an caught a case of the clap after i went to the Dr. all i was thinking is when i can go back

in the 80'5 i had a orange 75 long bed an the brakes were bad also

the rear brakes have not been looked at the pedal seems ok it feels good.... my new freind did brake the green plastic pice on the pedal making the brake lights so on i took a nut an bolt an put it in the hole it seems to work. no more bight on.

Loose rear brakes stump even the most experienced of tech's.

I see it all the time.

Hell, this may be a bit advanced, but your brake pedal pushrod could be seriously out of adjustment too.

I have seen people pull their hair out chasing the easiest slight adjustments that make all sync together properly.

hahahahahah i have no brakes in my 521 and am stumped .... I did finish making a new pushrod for the 280zx m/c made a spare for a friends truck too...

Thanks everyone

all i think about is my front brake. if i ever take a bong hit it is not going to be with my new freind. my new friend had 2 Datsun 510!! a nice house an all the tools!! he has 3-- 5gl buckets of spare datsun bolts an nuts an washers . he looked like the guy who could do it eyes closed with one hand. in the olden day the shop wood call up 3 to 5 time telling me bad news. more work an more bucks guys get clip board write plate # liscone # takes notes back in the office an enter in the computer with estimete more than i paid for car

the wilwood dose make a nice set up every thing fits real nice perfet lazer cut.

I an confused !!! do i need a proportioning valve i thought if i have drum i don't need one then i hear i do need one should i stick with wilwood PV it is $75 bucks there is no returns if i dont use it.

I spent more for the engine rebulid than the brakes an the Trucks still leaks all the oil like it did be fore I brought it there Plus my fenders hood bumper an lower valace an the pice below the winsheild is damaged I decided I am not going to bring this truck up to were i had my plans I just want to keep it as a daily driver an go to lowes or help people more or some thing.

I think I will look for another Datsun

This reminds me the time I went to a foreigon country an caught a case of the clap after i went to the Dr. all i was thinking is when i can go back

in the 80'5 i had a orange 75 long bed an the brakes were bad also

if u have 3 - 5gallon buckets of extra bolts then that should be your first clue.... secondly anyone who has a real nice house is probably not true datsun (open to flame me..)... they read about it...and paid someone to do it ....now thats not all true but the only rich people i know with datsun, drive roadsters and they had them built...lol

can we go back to the 13 year old typing for u ... i am starting to feel bad for the 2300 some odd posts i have made now....

absolutely do not go looking for another datsun... u will fix this one and enjoy before making another datsun 1200 like u have....this wont be hard ...we are here to help .... ok, at first it was for the lulz but now its for the help....

calling any ratsuner in south bay area ... please head over to whiteys and give us a update to the status of said brakes...

i will say it again, jack stands ....remove and hide wheels from self ...get a camera phone , a photo bucket account and about two weeks ....add some paitence in and it can be fixed...be prepared we will poke a little fun but not at u as much as laughing cause we all been there at one time....

wouldnt that be funny if all this time everything was right and it was just the push rod being to short or something....lol...its probabaly not but it would be classic jrock type shit....

you know....three pages of post to why my shit started runnig crappy, with tons of head scratching, only to find out accidentally the carb was lose on the base plate...hello giant vacuum leak....i still owe some beers on that one...

If the truck still has the NLSV (Nissan Load Sensing Valve) still in it - make sure the truck is level, or the back is lower, when bleeding the rears.

This results in a wide open valve. Good advice. A lot of the 4wheel Toy drive guys disconnect the arm and zip tie them to the frame. This gives them full pressure to all brakes when off-roading.

If the NLSV is still on, then either this remains and no proportioning valve, or the NLSV goes and is replaced with a proportioning valve. Not both. Not sure with Nissan, but on the Toy LSPV (load sensing proportioning valve) there is a return circuit for for full pedal stops. It returns fluid back to the front circuit under extreme pedal pressure to bias the front more. To remove the LSPV you need to reroute the front driver side brake line to an pre-existing joint and install the proportioning valve. This bypasses that circuit.

You guys should be nicer. Sounds like dude is having a hard time and we aren't making it any easier. Maybe we will do good by guiding him...freaking hoodlums.

If I didn't work so much, I would grab the right tools and head down to Alameda. I haven't had a day off in 6 weeks...

P.S. He has asked me for Top Jimmy's number but I got to look for his card. Anyone have it? Or Diane's?

old skools the man ....no hard time here ... well at first but now just trying to help .....with a side of luls too but still wanna see whitey get rolling again... if i was even remote close i would head over and share some time too...maybe its time for poll or smething in general to raise awareness and maybe get some locals over there to see if they can lend a hand...after all that's what ratsun is all about....we all would rather be there squirting brake fluid in a eye then trying to type a solution via the interwebz....

i would come help, but that requires a plane ride...

The guy that worked on your truck seems like a fucking useless toolbag loser, kind of reminds me of my younger brother minus the drugs and alcohol. Knows everything, isnt afraid to tell you you're doing it wrong or your rides a pos, but then he cant even gap spark plugs correctly. Fail

Seriously bro, slow down, invest in a little ganja, sit back and read every bit of info on brake systems you can, then give it a shot.

I spent a year building my talon only to have it blow up after 3 days. Shit happens. Make it right, and that will say something about you.

Oh, and can someone please break their foot off in his "friends" ass for me? i would gladly do it, but like i said florida is a long damn way for an ass whoopin

You guys can give me a hard time i deserve it. Yea I am going to fix the 620 before i get another datsun Thanks for that... I have wheels to drive it not the end of the world any one know if (Top Jimmy) is open during the day I could drive my working car an talk to him!!

at least i have enough sence to buy Datsun

In 1972 My Ant an uncle lived in Huntington Beach CA,, They would take us to Baja California in a brand new 1972 Datsun 510 they would Surf we would play in the ocean ..i remember finding some purple rocks thinking we were rich millioaires but the were just nice looking rock not worth anything

nother confession in the last 3 weeks I have spnt 4k in labor an parts

If you have the money to play with, why not just be proper and do the rear disc conversion?

Sure, more work. But easier to dial it in at the end of the day...

...and wil alliviate the need for a proportioning valve.

But, I would say wait on the valve.

If you want it on hand-go for it.

Just get everything 100% before you add things to the circuit.

I have been dealing with this brake issue since i bought the truck 3 years ago I bought wilwood front disc brake system with wilwood MBC plus new Power booster an damaged my truck plus there is more stuff to fix I had the engine rebulit an I am still leaking tons of oil The only thing I am going to do is order a porption vavle an pay the labor install PV to check,, repair full bleed no way I will be doing a rear disc any time soon

calling any ratsuner in south bay area ... please head over to whiteys and give us a update to the status of said brakes...

Any one heads over to whiteys house need to make money I am not a user scamer or murcher I already have a bunch of family members doing that to me an it is not fun

a prop valve wont fix no brakes.....before anymore money is spent should really take inventory of where your at and what u really need.....looks like u have most everything to have a boss braking system .....just need the patience and a little know how and boom you will be putting that 13 yo typing genius on the glass in a face plant.....

if you spent 4 k you should have a 180 horse datsun that does stoppies and burnouts all at once

a prop valve wont fix no brakes.....before anymore money is spent should really take inventory of where your at and what u really need.....looks like u have most everything to have a boss braking system .....just need the patience and a little know how and boom you will be putting that 13 yo typing genius on the glass in a face plant.....

if you spent 4 k you should have a 180 horse datsun that does stoppies and burnouts all at once

My new frind told me I have 180 hp now he wanted me to do a header an 2-1-2 exhuast for more hp i i would of if every thing worked out 13 year will be home soon

I have been dealing with this brake issue since i bought the truck 3 years ago I bought wilwood front disc brake system with wilwood MBC plus new Power booster an damaged my truck plus there is more stuff to fix I had the engine rebulit an I am still leaking tons of oil The only thing I am going to do is order a porption vavle an pay the labor install PV to check,, repair full bleed no way I will be doing a rear disc any time soon

oh yea pluss the proper spacers with lugs to be safe