Way bitchin' '80's.... (new ride with pics)

Justin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep-o! I'm stoked on it just concerned about the squishy brakes and oil in the radiator.

(Where does the air hide in these things? I'm not losing fluid but I can't solve the "squishy brakes" issue,)

In the meantime, my temp gauge isn't working and I'm guessing it's gone-

(is this where it would be located?)

2012-11-11131821.jpg

'preciate all the help!

Have you adjusted the brakes at the wheels yet? These trucks have to be manually adjusted and it's it good idea to adjust them up before bleeding. You may need to bleed the load sensing valvle as well, it is under the passenger seat on the frame.

Yep, there should be a sending unit there. :)

• Like 1

It's pretty haggard, but for a Rat Rod or something it's definitely useable.

The drivers side door opening is bent preventing it from closing, the same sides door-bottom is gone, the roof's heavily dented, and a few other "less than positive" points that "build character".

And, as stated, it was a FREEBIE! So that sense of accomplishment from rescuing it is priceless!

It's pretty haggard, but for a Rat Rod or something it's definitely useable.

The drivers side door opening is bent preventing it from closing, the same sides door-bottom is gone, the roof's heavily dented, and a few other "less than positive" points that "build character".

And, as stated, it was a FREEBIE! So that sense of accomplishment from rescuing it is priceless!

At first I thought you were talking about your 620 getting all this damage picking up the ford cab, :crying: then I realized only the fender flare was damaged on yours.

Can you fix it with a fiberglass patch?

At first I thought you were talking about your 620 getting all this damage picking up the ford cab, :crying: then I realized only the fender flare was damaged on yours.

Can you fix it with a fiberglass patch?

No actual 620 damage occurred during this rescue! I should've stated that first! The biggest problem now is the damaged fender-flare piece fell off at the location of the cab! Which happens to be 1.5 hours away :sick: So when I find the piece fixing it should be no big deal, but I'm not sure when I'll be back down to find it! May require a special trip, but I was also considering modifying the flares a bit, so I might be able to fix it then too.

I know you guys are digging this look a lot, but I've got big plans for this little monster! :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

I just found this thread and see a couple of things that do not seem right.

You stated that this truck is a 73 in the very first post, but it is missing some 73 items. And that it has 79 disc's swapped onto it.

It is missing the cab vents that were on the 73-74 and maybe 75 trucks. 

That frame picture is not of a 73 frame due to how the fuel tank is mounted.

The cab would appear to be a 79 due the the antenna on the left side, a 79 only feature.

So i wonder if it really does have a L16 in it?

Not trying to bust your balls on this, just hate to see you get too deep into a project and find out your have title problems. That would suck.

When you put the stepside bed on,do the mounts line up? You may have to move them. I did. 

Mines a 73,with the tank mounted to the bed.The gas tank brackets will mount to the channels on the bottom of the bed.There's not a lot of clearance.

Yeah, yours doesn't look like a 73 to me either.

Could you show pictures of the stepside tailgate and the hinge?

Thanks