210 wheel offset (series B310)

ggzilla

Yer car is looking better and better with each update Yoto1515, I'm working hard on mine and hope to have my struts in mine within the next two weeks. Once done I'll snap pic and show off it's new stance with 280zx struts in place.

• Like 1
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zx struts are shorter and fitted with vented disc rotors, and have larger diameter coils. But most importantly the hubs are narrower, so make the 210 front track same as the rear.

They are the same otherwise, bolt the same top & bottom so same camber tops bolt on

• Like 1

Zx struts are shorter and fitted with vented disc rotors, and have larger diameter coils. But most importantly the hubs are narrower, so make the 210 front track same as the rear.

They are the same otherwise, bolt the same top & bottom so same camber tops bolt on

Thank you very much i know what to do now, cuz i was gonna use Toyota te72 parts but i guess the 280zx are easier to find for me here!

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

i have 2 sets of 2 slot mags, for the front, i have high offset ( have not measured, im about to do some measuring on that though) 13x5.5. and for the rear, 14x7 (low offset.) what size tires should i run to fill the wheel wells and give it a wide beefed up stance? and should i do the 280zx strut swap?

i have 2 sets of 2 slot mags, for the front, i have high offset ( have not measured, im about to do some measuring on that though) 13x5.5. and for the rear, 14x7... and should i do the 280zx strut swap?

With those 13" wheels, you can't do the 280ZX strut swap. 

Those wheels won't clear the brakes, and with a high offset they will rub the strut tube.

Why would you want that?

210 struts already have strong brakes and can be lowered 2" without cutting the struts. The track is wider which is good.

how do you lower it? does that go for both front and rear? still learning about all the suspension.

Yes, front and rear are both coil spring and can be lowered the same.

Lower it just like a 510, a Maxima, or any other Datsun car

* buy special lowering springs

Or

* cut the existing springs

Or

* lower the spring perch

Or

* fit shorter tires. I lowered my B110 this way 1.5" without touching the suspension

Yes, front and rear are both coil spring and can be lowered the same.

Lower it just like a 510, a Maxima, or any other Datsun car

* buy special lowering springs

Or

* cut the existing springs

Or

* lower the spring perch

Or

* fit shorter tires. I lowered my B110 this way 1.5" without touching the suspension

ok. sounds good.

• 4 months later...

sorry to revive this thread from the dead, but I've got a stock 210. and I want to get new wheels (+ tires).

I've found quite a few on ebay that I like the look of, but they are in a range of different sizes and I could use some insight on whether or not they would work with my car. I'm pretty uninformed when it comes to wheels/tires, but im trying to learn. The below ones are all 4x100 or 4x114.3, which if I understand correctly, the former of which wouldn't work stock but I could get to work with some adapters.

The ones im looking at are:

- 15x7(+40 offset) rota (knockoff work equips)

- 15x8 (+10 offset) rota aleica (knockoff sakuras)

- 14x6 (+15 offset) hayashi mesh

- techno racing with different size on front & back: (Front: 14 x 6.5 +9 offset, Rear: 14 x 7.0 +2 offset)

• 5 months later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead again.

Wondering if these

[/url]">http://FatlaceAME_FZero02_small_zpsaa269015.jpg

15 x 8.5

would work on a b310 with 280zx struts up front and an h190 rear?

What offset would be the best?

+15

I'd get a +0.  The +15 may be better for the rear, but you will probably need some spacers in the front if you do. 

But it's going to need a healthy roll in the back and serious roll/pull up front. 

And you'll likely need a 195/50-15 to keep it from rubbing. And you won't be lowering the back more than about 2" from stock. 

If I wanted them bad enough, I'd be flare shopping and getting the -6.   B)

If I wanted them bad enough, I'd be flare shopping and getting the -6.   B)

Sorry, just saw that second part. You are probably screwed.   ^_^

The +15 is the only thing that even has a hope of working...

...damn... cause I want them bad. I think all datsuns were meant to try these wheels on at least for a one night stand. They're so pretty, I drool over them every time I see them.

I'm thinking either roll the fenders or put some zg flares on. Thanks for the info by the way. As always very informative, I'm trying on figuring out wheels out a little bit more this week. (You know study up on something every week)

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bringing this up AGAIN, I'm a newbie to the whole cars/wheels thing. I have a Sunny B310 sedan, it came from Australia many years ago (I live in South Africa). I'd like to know if I could fit a Drag DR-20 15x7 0mm on a 195/50/15 tyre without too much trouble? Would I have to roll the fenders? and how much would it rub (if it all)?

Thanks,

Sorry for bringing this up AGAIN, I'm a newbie to the whole cars/wheels thing. I have a Sunny B310 sedan, it came from Australia many years ago (I live in South Africa). I'd like to know if I could fit a Drag DR-20 15x7 0mm on a 195/50/15 tyre without too much trouble? Would I have to roll the fenders? and how much would it rub (if it all)?

Roll the rear fender lips, then you're fine back there. Fronts will poke out a bit. If you can source some 280ZX front struts/brakes it will tuck very well once you swap those in. 

How much it rubs is entirely dependent upon how low the car is.  B)