Bleeding clutch

Ok Datsun gurus, I am trying to bleed my clutch and I cant sem to get it to bleed. I figured it was the Clutch master cylinder ( or what ever it is called) because all it was doing was bubbling and no fluid was getting to the slave cylinder. So I changed it out and it is still doing the same thing. I blew all the lines out and it is getting air throught the lines. Is it just possible that I picked up a bad master cylinder at the Junk yard.And if this is the issue should I just try a new one? So recap, I cant get fluid to slave cylider all it does is bubble in the reservior. And I blew all the lines with a air compressor.. ] So guys what am I missing....? thoughts suggestions all taken...I have never had an issue with bleeding my clutch..thx Big Dave

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes it's the simple things, so got to ask is the slave bleeder screw open and not plugged? Usually I just open this and the fluid runs down hill and pushes the air out the bottom. I just keep lots of fluid in the reservoir and it bleeds it's self.

The clutch is usually easy to bleed, I do mine by myself all the time, just like Mike says leave the bleeder screw open, make sure the reservoir is full. Pump the pedal slowly and the level should go down, don't let it get completely empty or you will have to start over.

The clutch is usually easy to bleed, I do mine by myself all the time, just like Mike says leave the bleeder screw open, make sure the reservoir is full. Pump the pedal slowly and the level should go down, don't let it get completely empty or you will have to start over.

thats how I did it.. gravity works.. I had some problems at first, but dont remember bubbles.

usually to get things started I keep full as I just pump the pedal, this kinda works the fluid down there. Then I open the bleeder and pump away. I did it twice on my 620 last month, its a long story but basically the parts store guy screwed me over!!

I want to know this story JEFF!!!!!!!!!!

I use a LONG clear plasic line and I run it to a clear bottole that has used brake fluid already in there

I fill the Res and I pump it untill i think its good.GET out of vehicle look at the line see no bubbles and looks clear then I close the 10mm bleed screw.

PS The Clutch Masters are really not expensive. I dont know why you would get a junkyard one. I can see maybe a Brake master in like a 510 ,there are expensive for a Jap one

Sometimes the old one will jam up insde if they dry out(junk yard one or used one that has been not worked in a while)

I gave Jeff a Brake master for his 510 and it worked. But I swear I kept exercising it every now and them so it wouldnt lock up

So I went to Schucks because Hainz said that any clutch slave would be fine. The dumb ass kid said he would have to order it... At the time I had no clutch. I figured fuck it I would just put the one off the 521 I have in the shop, until I could get one ordered. So the next day a different kid was working so I asked him and he grabbed one off the shelf!!! So the next day I was back under my truck, I would have left the 521 slave in but it didn't feel right. I think it was leaking slightly, you know if you have the clutch down for a while at a light, then when the light turns green your "sweet spot" has moved and you kill it..... Thats my story :D besides my driveline woble thats the only other major problem my truck has. I guess Hainz considers the oil leak a problem, I figure the ka is basically a glorified L series so its supposed to leak some :D

One trick is to take the slave cylinder off (leave the line connected)

Turn the slave til the bleeder is at the top, then do your bleeding.

The air always wants to be above the fluid. This way your using the fluid to push the air out.

When you finish bleeding bolt the slave back up and go.