Is this workable? 1200 (B110) crossmember into a B210

Dguy210

So I'm thinking of doing a KA swap into the B210, but I would like to skip the whole cutting and reversing the crossmember business for the midsump B210. From the Datsun1200 tech wiki it looks like a front sump KA should go into a 1200 without flipping the crossmember (maybe just some notching?). I know a B210 crossmember won't work for a B110, but will a B110 crossmember bolt into a B210? Anybody know or try this?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it will work unless you changed the LCAs and struts to the smaller type.

Maybe trade with some Aussie? They probably like to get the North America B210 mid-sump crossmember. All they got was the front sump crossmember.

Would that even fit? I thought the non-north america suspension for the B210 was very different as the N/A market used the 610/510 style suspension.

datsun1200.com says:

Hmmm... ok that doesn't look like it will work. Damn, I was hoping they were closer, I've swapped out the tierods/center link/idler arm from a B210 to a 1200 with no problem so I thought the LCA's would be more similar. Doesn't look like it, bummer. Guess I will look for either a B210 crossmember or a 510/610 (I believe this fits) one to cutup so the car doesn't go down.

B210 everywhere else used B110/B310 style LCAs etc. So it would be easy to swap the crossmember (NA for non-NA), just use the B110 or B310 parts as necessary.

Only the B210 with L-series engine used 510-style suspension. And for some weird reason they used that in all NA B210s, along with the weird mid-sump oil pan (the one that causes all the KA swap problems). Maybe it was a rush decision to get the A13/A14 into production just for USA. It doesn't seem to make any sense, but they did it.