My Heartless Wagon

Syne'

Welcome to my 1972 Wagon build, it'll be a VERY LONG time till it hits the streets. This past summer I found this Goon on a craigslist post for $1000. heartless just a rolling shell. The guy was ready to chop it up and sell it in to pieces, but luckily i got to see it b4 he hacked it up. When i 1st saw the car, i couldn't imagine my self walking away knowing it was going to get chopped up. So i just bought the Goon!!! I've ALWAYS wanted a 510 wagon!!. So i sold my 92 Nissan B13 SE-R project car (im so tired of working on a FWD engine) and remembered how much i enjoyed my 1st 72 2door 510 that i use to have 10 year ago. Anyways, i convinced the seller to let it go for $600. I know i could have gone for a wagon that ran and possibly look better but honestly im happy with my buy, i feel like i saved a Datto!

So now im here learning and doing what i can for this Heartless Goon. :)

C036572F.jpg

762FB717.jpg

952DE2A6.jpg

38B8FFD6.jpg

^ These were taken the day i 1st saw the Wagon, Donno about you guys but i see potential. :)

i will post some updates soon!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have no rust issues you are way ahead of some people....Looks clean!

It's nice to get back into 510's after years away....17 years for me and I found my current wagon. LOVING IT!!! (Will never sell it)

Can't wait to see it become road worthy again....Welcome to Ratsun!

So i've scraped off all that black annoying crap that was on the floor boards.

so far the only cancer i've seen on my floor boards, is the on the front drivers and pangers where it meets up with the firewalls.

minor rust. :)

DSC_0010.jpg

yea, these photos were taken where i bought the car from.

The owner did not want to let that truck go, even though it had been sitting non op over 13years.

i wanted that LSD Rear differential for the goon. lol

• Like 1

The owner did not want to let that truck go, even though it had been sitting non op over 13years.

This is a common Datsun Hoarder trait.

Bet it could be running in a few days

Yea, but the reason he didn't want to let it go is mainly cuz it was his 1st car he bought. He had that thing since he was 15 years old.

Yea, but the reason he didn't want to let it go is mainly cuz it was his 1st car he bought. He had that thing since he was 15 years old.

id keep the goon and sell the 620...even if it was my first car ever.....goons are the rock of the datsun community so welcome

• Like 1

fair enough, i SUPPOSE he can keep it lol

yea let him keep it!.

id keep the goon and sell the 620...even if it was my first car ever.....goons are the rock of the datsun community so welcome

yea same here, BUT im GLAD he sold it, and to me at that!!! :D

Welcome! hope too see this goon, not so heartless soon =P

For the moment being the goon is indeed heartless, BUT with a lot of SOUL! :P

But im hoping to work the engine bay b4 installing a new heart. And yes i said hope. lol donno how long i can keep from scratching this itch to drive around my goon.

get yourself some goon squad stickers to rock on your daily so everyone knows ....u like junk in the trunk...

yes! that goon squad and ratsun sticker will look good on my Xterra. i AM DOWN! :thumbup:

For the moment being the goon is indeed heartless, BUT with a lot of SOUL! :P

But im hoping to work the engine bay b4 installing a new heart. And yes i said hope. lol donno how long i can keep from scratching this itch to drive around my goon.

i know how that goes. my truck is in the same state. only difference is, i have been in my truck while it was driving. used to be my dads. =P

i know how that goes. my truck is in the same state. only difference is, i have been in my truck while it was driving. used to be my dads. =P

Hehe... Cool deal, to have a datto getting passed on through the family.