KA24DET B310 BUILD UP

jesusno2

My ears say it goes out the back. These cars are loud enough inside stock i wanna drive this car. Not daily it but i defenetly dont wanna listen to 3" exhaust drone. I might go under the axle aswell not sure yet my shocks limit the droop very nicley either way will require some tight bends that im not a giant fan of

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So i started trying to figure out how the front jdm bumper mounts this is all i came up with so far its gonna be kinda tricky so it looks factory. Trying to keep it propped up on the car is the hard part.

Those plates look like you'll have some stout mounts, probably way stronger than factory. 

I use masking tape to hold stuff in place, folded cardboard can be a good spacer. Sometimes you have to get creative. :lol: 

Gonna give this a whirl. My tank has some surface rust in it and well since i have it out why not. In the past i have used por 15 tank sealer in motorcycle tanks. But to coat a automotive fuel tank with por 15 it is about double the price than the red kote

3C664ADD-30AE-43FC-93DC-ACEA7A5DDFD7_zps

• Like 2

I've used it on a couple motorcycle gas tanks and a Scout II tank. I've never used the POR stuff, so I can't compare, but I haven't had any complaints about the red kote.

• Like 2

I started with the classic rattle a chain or some gravel around to bust up any flaking. Then washed it with water and CLR and used a blow dryer to dry it. They recommend then washing it with alcohol, but instead i just left a blow drier in it for a while. Didn't have the alcohol, always too lazy to go get it.

Once dry, I coated it as per instructions.

• Like 2

Tank liner PITA! But i won in the end that red kote sets up way to fast i think or i should bought 2 cans maybe? Did do a little more on my center console. Will probabbly have it powdercoated dunno what color yet along with mu shifter boot ring (not pictured)

1EE55B22-6BE3-4F36-A349-801019CF5ED5_zps[/url

199D0B37-2A97-4AB9-A615-D5D7E339F5A1_zps

• Like 3