KA24DET B310 BUILD UP

jesusno2

Untill i found this nicely spun rod bearing on #3 why is it that ever motor i have ever taken apart its always  #3 cylinder that's garbage. to be honest i was expecting something to be wrong with it. most people dont just yank engines when there still good runners unless a car is wrecked etc. 

image_zpsbgjk7ags.jpg

image_zpsf5k4agsm.jpg

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool build. Sucks about the crank, should be easy enough to find another though.

Are you sure those wheels aren't AREs? I have a set and they look identical. They have a cast center welded to a spun outer. I'm not sure if the Enkeis were like that.

I got a crank fresh .10 under grind didnt take a pic sure ya know what a crank looks like. The pistons turned out to be std bore which sucks so this is gonna be a hone and go engine. file fit rings on the way. 

image_zpsg3igjyua.jpg

image_zpshs9avmcc.jpg

• Like 1

Made a flange to eliminate the internal wastegate on my 280zx turbo, since i will be going external. also got the shortblock ready to go with my used forged pistons, and eagle rods.I am now waiting for the machine shop to finish my cylinder head, and a cometic headgasket, and ARP head studs. 

image_zpsc3mbj1n5.jpg

image_zpskm3rryb4.jpg

image_zpstnzumhek.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I did get the struts mounted with coilovers, and camber plates. alighnment is 1.5 negative camber using 240sx camber plates on 510 struts 3.5 caster with my 1/2 longer lower control arms 1/16 toe In.  I am using a 10 inch 200lb spring and it rides/drives SO NICE! most solid datsun I've driven in awhile. later i might switch to a 8 inch spring so i can lower it more but for right now i like it the way it is. 

image_zpssj9eeuqq.jpg

Can just barley see the Wilwoods poking out from behind those 92's

image_zpse07ntsza.jpg

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Tore down my turbo today just to confirm that i did have a 280zx turbo and that i was ordering the correct rebuild kit with the one piece carbon seal. This turbo and the z31 300zx turbo are both the same i found out, and with the one piece seal up front they would be good candidate's for suck through turbo setups. dunno why the last pic is upside down???

image_zpsuglz1grc.jpg

image_zpsgrdr4aft.jpg

• Like 1