KA24DET B310 BUILD UP

jesusno2

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alignmet done 3.5 positive caster 1.5 - camber drivers side 1 degree passenger side 1/16 toe in. Car drives great my wobble is gone now i'm undecided if i should rebuild the tranny or do i just swap in my turbo KA. Really want some JDM bumpers

image_zps3ff6b702.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So after the trans rebuild I fired it up. the same noise i was hearing before is still there!!! and its louder! Well............not louder but seems that way since the trans is totally quiet now. It is a weird growling, grinding, knocking noise. So now I'm thinking this motor has a bearing going or gone but it's only noisy at idle?. I thought by chance i should check the alternator bearings and the water pump etc. now make a long story short this is what i found, the front crank pulley or (harmonic balancer) is wallowed out like crazy! luckily the crank & keyway looks good still but the pulley is trashed and there is a crack right down the corner of the keyway on the pulley. So now the search begins for a A14 balancer.

image_zps5e97d125.jpg

image_zps46d5f895.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Fixed the front crank pulley all my noise is GONE!!! (thanks morrison) Picked up a set of seats from the wrecking yard today. 90's era Toyota corolla GT-S grabbed the bottom rear seat so i can use the fabric to fix the front drivers seat. They have adjustable bolsters and lumbar support also and the passenger seat flips foward for a 2 door car. 

image_zps536c1524.jpg

image_zps091e4870.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...