KA24DET B310 BUILD UP

jesusno2

Forum member Lonestar has 15x7 +0 Rewinds on his car. Notice how the rears are 5mm inside the fender but the fronts are 5mm outside the fender?

Swapping to 280ZX struts up front would tuck them in better.

IMAG0050.jpg

Yup, I got a set of 280zx struts but I've held off in favor of doing an sr20det swap with full 240sx under carriage. I still dunno if I'm going to to do this or put an L motor in it. My fenders are rolled and I'm still rubbing just a tad on hard turning.

• Like 1
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than that, my 210 would start jerking when I first got her. It always seemed to happened if I cranked over the motor to much when starting back up after driving for a good ways. I thought it was because I flooded it. Question, does your 210 knock or "diesel" when you shut it off cus mine does.

• Like 1
Well i duuno its a match box ignition so i dont really have much to go on, voltage is good on the coil, Cap, rotor all looks brand new still. no cracks in the cap connections are all clean. wires ohm out good no weird resistance. Plugs look good. Car runs like a top other than this issue, which so far i cant get a repeat, I'm still thinking i got some bad fue.l Also trying to hunt down a wobble in the steering at about 40 to 55 it shakes pretty good very annoying.

as i said before i helped max on the stereo, its the rear tire it has a titty on it. i believe its on the tread of the tire. ba ba boom theres your problem. peace

• Like 1

And you drive that thing? Get outside and find out what is loose before it kills you.

You cannot tell by looking if the rod-ends or ball joints are worn. You can check the steering linkage as follows:

1. lay on the ground near the driver's side door, looking at the underside of the car

2. reach up and wiggle the steering wheel back and forth (with the door open)

3. watch to see if any of the rods move independent of each other. If they do, the rod ends need replacement.

4. the steering knuckle, and thus tires, should move with the tie-rods

5. the idler arm should NOT move up and down

This can be easier if a mate handles the wheel, leaving you free to inspect the underside, but it can be done without an assistant. To double check any of the rod ends and idler arm, jack up the wheels and securely block the car, then wiggle the rod end ends forcefully by hand. There should be no play; they are supposed to rotate, but not move end-to-end. Finally, if in doubt, disconnect the rod-ends, they should move with a firm but smooth drag as you rotate them. If they flop around, they are worn out.

• 4 weeks later...

Still trying to solve my issue as previously posted car bogged out on me again the other day. I'm starting to wonder if I'm dealing with a Carb icing up I killed the ign soon as it started bogging down fuel bowl was full on the Webber fuel filter is full. I'm kinda ruling out a fuel delivery problem at this point.

Have you drained the fuel bowl additional times? Sometimes it takes a while for the crud to get out.

fuel system is Qtip clean no issues their. like i said i pulled the top of the weber off on the side of the road to check. the filter is totally clear and SEE THROUGH lol 

• 2 weeks later...

well had a few warmer days and i'm pretty sure ive nailed it down to some kinda electrical problem somewhere. if i completely kill the ignition and just let the car sit for about 5 min it will cruise again for a undetermined amount untill it dies, so something is slowly heating up and killing the ignition or my ignition switch is tweaking out I dunno yet.