KA24DET B310 BUILD UP

jesusno2

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Close enough! the other wheel i have is a +20 and its just flush maybe in the fender just a touch. that combined with a little -camber it should look nice.

FYI, my +20 wheels (15x7) needed a 5mm spacer to not rub the 280ZX strut. Ideally a +5 to +15 is the best fit. And as you said, with a little bit of negative camber added, a zero offset is perfect.   :thumbup:

• Like 1

so my 210 almost left me stranded tonight! I suspect it sucked some crud up into the fuel system, or i got some really rubbish gas. it was running fine for a good 50 miles then on the way back from the inlaws tonight it just started bucking and jerking and wouldnt do anything but idle. i checked for vapor lock that wasnt it carb wasnt frozen, 
(had that happen before)  luckily the wife was with me and the ol' wrx scoob became a tow rig again! 

• Like 1

Just a touch of crap in their. I drained the whole system gas came outta the tank clean. So now I'm lost on why this thing started violently jerking and bucking. Hard parts trying to get it to repeat. I've drained all the fuel gonna get 5 gal at a different gas station.

• Like 1

Well i duuno its a match box ignition so i dont really have much to go on, voltage is good on the coil, Cap, rotor all looks brand new still. no cracks in the cap connections are all clean. wires ohm out good no weird resistance. Plugs look good. Car runs like a top other than this issue, which so far i cant get a repeat, I'm still thinking i got some bad fue.l Also trying to hunt down a wobble in the steering at about 40 to 55 it shakes pretty good very annoying.

• Like 1

So these are the entire symptoms?

* it was running fine for a good 50 miles then on the way back from the inlaws tonight it just started bucking and jerking and wouldnt do anything but idle.

That is most commonly fuel. Electrical doesn't usually act exactly like that. And the fact that you found crud in the fuel filter suggests it is a fuel problem too. Just drain the fuel bowl and see if that fixes it.

• Like 1

I flushed the whole fuel system so we'll see i really cant imagine the tiny amount of crud i found in the filter on the weber would make the car stall as badly as it was. as far as the wobble i had the struts apart today the tie rods and ball joints didnt seem that bad, or bad enough to cause the wobble it has drive shaft is tight also, I gave it a serious shake down test and watched for movement didn't notice anything. So for now thats on the back burner.

• Like 1

When you find crud in the filter, chances are something also got through the filter.

A tiny, tiny, piece of crud in the tiny main jet will cause all these symptoms. It won't idle either, since the idle circuit is fed by the main jet.

Give it a try and see if it now idles and runs correctly.

• Like 1