? about a 510

i was wondering if a v6 from a 510 would fit into a a datsun pickup...... i found some pics of a 510 motor superchargerd..... i would like a v6 tho... wat would be some advanages and dis of a v6 from a 510 too a motor from a 620 pickup....... i was wondering where someone could find a supercharger for a 620 pickup cuzs its has been done......Datsun510Miguel3.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That v6 there came from an xterra like 99-2004 and is called a vg33er, vg=nissan v6, 33=displacement(3.3liters), e= single cam, r=supercharged. That would be the best v6 for power as well. Notice the oil filter location? Thats how you can tell its a vg33, unless someone relocated it to vg30 style.

The vg30e are smaller but the EXACT same design and are much ceaper, also the supercharger components from the 33er bolt right on to the vg30.

You can use truck mounts to put it into your 620 but a transmission from a 84-89 300zx non turbo will have to be sourced, the v6 HB pickups tranny's would be to big to fit, WAY to big. Then driveline shortening and all kinds of other fun.

BTW, 510's never got a v6.....evar.

peace.

ah ic so these v6's are from a truck/suv from nissan then...... well pictures that i have always seen these 51o's had like v6's in them.... well wat kind of motors did these 51o's have in them...... so ur saying a v6 non-turbo from a z would bolt up to my tranny i have now ?

so ur saying a v6 non-turbo from a z would bolt up to my tranny i have now ?

I don't see where he said that at all.

He said that if you swapped in a V6 from an Xterra (that particular V6), then you would need a transmission to fit that V6 engine. (not your stock transmision) ...and that the correct transmission to fit the Xterra engine and still fit under the truck or 510 would be a 300ZX transmission from the years 1984-89. (Z31)

The 620 uses the L-series engine. Names are L16, L18, and L20b

(the b is used at the end of the L20b to distinguish it apart from the 6-cylinder L20 used in the Fairlady Z)

1973 - L16

1974 - L18

1975-79 - L20b

The number is just the engine size. 1.6L ect

Your '74 should be an L18. ('73.5 to '74) Prior to that they were L16s (72.5-'73.5) and from '75 to '80 they were L20Bs. So you have a somewhat unique motor in your truck.

Possibly the motor could have been swapped. To find out the motor size... look just below the #4 spark plug, just below where the head meets the block. On the block is a raised boss and on it will be stamped, or should be stamped, L18. You may need a rag or wire brush to clean it off.

ah i will have too look that is...... well i have ? for u guys i hope it doenst puzzle u........ i have a picture of datsun motor supercharged...... wat would type of car or carz had supercharger back then....... it looks like a bad ass set up .......

BlownL_3.jpg

BlownL_2.jpg

ah ic well i was wondering what kind of supercharger it would come from u know..... i can c that the intake is custom...... looks like they had too make extra stuff too run it tho...... if i knew wat kind of supercharger i could look u know

there is a guy on ebay(a few times too) who had a mini-cooper supercharger attached to an L motor.

he never had it running so i hesitated jumping into unknown territory...he was asking ~$500. dunno if a mani was inlcluded.

ill see if i can find the info...

why go that far get a paxton super charger it bolts on like a alternator would (brakcets need to be made and a belt run) then a tube is run to a box surounding the carb another advantage to this is if you wanted to do the plumbing you could run an intercooler and the best part is if you go on jegs and get the offinhouser 4 bbl intake and a 4 bbl to go with it you could be making some big power (4bbl would have to be about a 390 cfm or somthing around there) and to top it all off it will fit under the hood no onw will know its there till you walk away from them and if you have an l20B the compression is 8.1:1 which is perfect for a supercharger

ah well thats wonderful tehehe.... well im always looking for something bad ass w/ power u know lolz cuzs i have alot of ricers around here u know.. so it would be nice too have lil datsun beat there ass u know... lolz.... hmmm well if u can find a picture u know.... i like too c visuals it helps me out u know..... :) a supercharger would be so bad ass ;)

If you really want to know what engine you have you have to look at the engine. The tag is only for the engine that was put in at the factory. Get a wire brush and clean the motor and you can see what it is.

Geeez bonvo, that would almost fit under and behind the distributor where the stock emissions air pump would be. Damn 620 steering box %&^$#$@! Maybe install electric fuel pump and install with air conditioner brackets on the side of the head? With IC should be good for almost 150 hp.

You know, I think you could get a Paxton set up similar to that on the mid 50s T Birds.

ah lolzzz so u where talking about that patson charger aye well that wouldnt be much of a gain too a honda motor..... grrrr if i knew where i found that picture and where they found that supercharger........ ah well i was looking early and this supercharger looks like a from a 1977 MGB roaster and the supercharger was call or made by MOSS motor superchargers... .

Geeez bonvo, that would almost fit under and behind the distributor where the stock emissions air pump would be. Damn 620 steering box %&^$#$@! Maybe install electric fuel pump and install with air conditioner brackets on the side of the head? With IC should be good for almost 150 hp.

You know, I think you could get a Paxton set up similar to that on the mid 50s T Birds.

yeah i was thinking where the smog pump lives myself :P im considering doing it with a 4 bbl carb after i no longer have to smog my 610