79 810 coupe rebuild

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2ikwd36.jpg

no, this guy traded it in at a dealership my buddy works at down here in Louisiana.  i paid 1600 for it out the door, tax title and license.  its got minor minor rust and only has 38k on the clock and thats because ive been put putting it around town since i got it, 400 miles on it already haha.  cranks right up.  the back seats dont even look used.  it was in a minor accident looking at the front end, but nothing serious.  Im gonna start a build thread here shortly, because i have a ton of questions and i know hardly anythng about these old datsuns and a lot of information seems different over the forums... 

xlr8r ill be in touch for sure!

thanks for all the help and quick responses thus far too fellas, its much appreciated

Nice car. Round headlamps a plus ( hate squared "Cutalss look alike" headlamps)

I like both square and round headlight front ends you can make either look pretty nice. In Japan they have 5 different models and all have different front ends/grills. The early 77-78 round headlight 810's are more rare but I'm glad that 810's are starting to pop out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry I feel off the map for a while. I had a heart attack and some other family medical issues. So as far as updates go she was in the shop since February. I was getting the exhaust manifold leak fixed and the guy there held her for me while I went through all my medical stuff. I got her back today actually and I fixed a few window seals and will start looking at some other things to fix. Now that there is no exhaust leak the car is rough to start and after about 10 min of driving fine she will randomly stall out. It will start right back up and run fine afterwards but not sure what is wrong with it. Question should I start on the interior or get the body work done next.

Yeah it has been tough, thanks. Question? I had a terrible exhaust leak but my car ran good otherwise, and now after the leak is fixed she is hard to start and once she warms up runs good until you have a few high revs the engine wants to stall but it will start right back up again. Also does anyone know of a good writeup on doing the 280 rear end swap. I have a random rattle in my rear and am needing it fixed so I figured I could just do the swap and get disc brakes as well.

Check to see if a head stud fell off there prone to doing that the Z I had did that and other people's Z did it too. My 810 has slight hesitation there's slight back fire on the manifold & exhaust manifold area, I'll be doing a full engine gasket change & tune up.

Yeah like a head stud fell off the head and your getting a leak. Mine has a leak in the exhaust & intake manifold, I also get a little of smacking sound from time to time when shifting gears but sounds like the driveshaft.

Got the same thing with my '79 - 810 coupe when shifting gears. The u-joints are bad ??