79 810 coupe rebuild

Thats always my problem I'm too broke to have a car shipped or I would of had one by now. That's why I'm selling my 280zx Turbo because I want a 810 really bad but I would be good with a maxima also.

Not long ago I saw a 79 810 wagon in bend, Oregon that was clean for $400 and only had a damaged rear hatch door. The owners were hard to get a hold of and only managed to talk to them once but the person was way to busy to even answer questions.

I now of one maxima for sale that I want but it's over 12 hours away and I would need to sell my Z before it sales to be able to buy it.

I believe if you look at the fresno, California CL on auto parts there's a 83 maxima wagon diesel selling for $600. There's also another maxima diesel sedan on CL in portland, Oregon selling for $1200 I talked to him really nice guy.

If you ever want to swap out the engine an RB20 or RB25 would drop right in since there front sump oil pans.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my thing is I want the late 70's 810's I am a little meh one the maxima's they are just to square and look like bigger sentra's to me, but to each their own my friends hate most datsuns and I think they are nuts I love anythig pre 1980 but I have a super soft spot for the 79 810 coupes.

I like the 77-78 round headlight 810's more the 79-80 square headlight ones they look like buicks to me but I'll still rock the hell out of any 77-80 810. The maximas headlights is my only dislike but if fix up the right way they look good. If you add the 510 BRE style air dam on your 810 it will make look super nice.

Some of my friends are like that they don't care much for Datsuns or older classic japanese cars.

The bre air dam would look sick but would it fit without modification is the question. I'm trimming about nodding 240z bumpers for my ride.

the 240z bumpers have pointed out center that matches the nose of the hood.

IMG_2659.jpg

depending on the width of the car Id prob try a 620 front bumper

053.jpg

the corners of a 620 bumper would also fill out the corners of where the old bumper was pretty close

DSCI02331280x960.jpg

620%20parts%20005.jpg.opt933x699o0,0s933x699.jpg

also has just a slight arc so it looks like it would match up pretty well

DSCI02341280x960.jpg

I am actually thinking about no bumper on the silver and I do want the air dam on it but the brown one I will be redoing almost totally stock looking because I want it to be a clone of my Dad's old one because the interior is the same color and would be easy to do.

My dad was into cars like crazy he had all kinds of stuff from Jensen Healeys to 50's vetts but the last Fun car he had was a tweaked 79 810 2door silver with a turbo or super on the engine I am not sure I was young but it would pin me in the seat, and it was a 5sp. And since he passed I have been kind of obsessed with building a clone of it his old one was crushed back in 99 :( . So I need either a 5 spd car or all the parts to convert my brown one to 5spd to complete the clone.

the square headlite 810 wagoon was for sale and guy coulnd get rid of it said he was going to take it to the dump. Was moving or somthing like that.

I think he started out really high then no takers and wanted to dump the car but keep the wheels.

It was a cool car. The one to get. But I like the round headlites better as its back in style

car hasnt bee seen since

Sometimes I just dont get the Datsun mentallity.

Same rig. I bought it last Thanksgiving. Sat at my in-laws in Cali until the Spring when I brought it up to Utah. I'd post a pic, but I haven't really taken any good photos of her. Here's the front end now with some Dapper HID's. A gentleman never tells.

18installed.jpg