Project numba two

Well, As most of you know I got a dime for dirt cheap up in North Bend a couple months back (Orange 73 4 Door). I was super excited to get it home as it was a complete car and wanted to get it back on the road. As I started tearing into it it was like bringing a bag of sand home and punchin holes in the bottom of the sand bag on the garage floor...the rust areas crumbled when I touched it the more I worked on it the more I had to sweep. I put a couple requests on the forum for a donor but no luck. Then I stumbled across a 4 dr shell up in Bothel. Went up there and checked it out. It had no cancer rust, minimal rust in all the notorious areas and to top it off had a coat of DP90 on the exterior pus glass. I was stoked!!!! Brought it home and in a week had everything transfered from the rusty shell to the primered one plus some. Let me know what you think! Oh and if somebody is needing small odd ball nic nac crap let me know.:D I got a auto L16 if anyone interested and looking for a manual tranny and cutch assembly too!

Oh ya and a 32/36 weber

5102018.jpg

Knew I wanted new springs so I cut 3 coils out of the stocks just to see what it would look like.....either they werent stock or I just lucked out....not even on bump stops!

5102019.jpg

Got some Carolla wagon steal wheels for now

5102025.jpg

Almost looks like a car again....wife was wondering about all the junk packed in the garage until now!!!!!

5102022.jpg

I POR15 the floor eventhough the rust wasnt bad had enough nites of scrapeing that dam factory sound deadner off what a bitch5102026.jpg Anyone want this free? Core support a little banged up but repairable....its goin to the crusher soon...I need room for the new one

5102020.jpg

Nice straight grille off the 100 dollar dime from north bend

I bought the rusty one complete for 100 bucks....dragged it home then traded the wheels plus 50 for the other shell.......DIME ON A BEER BUDGET!

My buddy Josh has a two door hes doin up so expect 2 new dimes at Camby next year hopefully!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want the fast way to get the datsun rubber stuff off, they guys at hybridz figured it out. dry ice, or something like that to get it really cold. then bang it with a hammer and it falls out easy, 5 minutes for a whole car!! wish i had known that when i did it the hard way.

if you want the fast way to get the datsun rubber stuff off, they guys at hybridz figured it out. dry ice, or something like that to get it really cold. then bang it with a hammer and it falls out easy, 5 minutes for a whole car!! wish i had known that when i did it the hard way.
I did it with a propane torch. Probably not the fastest, but it works relatively fast. Just heat it up enough to get flexible and it peels off in large pieces.