Nice looking 1200 on EB

AZ_L320

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't that the one that was sold from Memory Lane a year of two ago?

No the one on ebay is a different one. I bought the one your talking about.

The car on ebay looks just like my car, except it has a vinyl top

Here is mine.

IMG_1390.jpg

• 3 months later...

Interesting...  the last time it was on E-bay the car clearly had Oregon plates and the ad said "SOLD WITH CLEAN / CLEAR OREGON TITLE."

This time the E-bay ad says "CALIFORNIA CAR ONE OWNER".

Not a biggie, probably just a typo.  Anyway, it does appear to be a nice low mileage example.  Will be interesting to see how much it fetches this time.

Dale

Wow, this car is at $12,100 with 2 days left. 

Ridiculous, and reserve not met, what a B.S. artist!!! Love the text written in CAPS,a sure sign of a snake oil salesman. :sneaky:

Love this part: "THIS CAR WAS OWN BY A LITTLE OLD LADY WHO PASTED AWAY"  

$9000 and reserve not met?   :confused:  :confused:  :confused:

Interesting...  the last time it was on E-bay the car clearly had Oregon plates and the ad said "SOLD WITH CLEAN / CLEAR OREGON TITLE."

This time the E-bay ad says "CALIFORNIA CAR ONE OWNER".

Not a biggie, probably just a typo.  Anyway, it does appear to be a nice low mileage example.  Will be interesting to see how much it fetches this time.

Dale

Here is the original auction from 2012:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Other-STOCK-ORIGINAL-72-1972-DATSUN-1200-B-110-SMALLER-THAN-510-MUST-SEE-LIKE-NEW-17K-ACTUAL-/290803222254?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43b53906ee#ht_18360wt_999

at least he didn't advertise as original paint like on the first ebay ad, you can see the paint over on the catches in the door jams both sides.

If you are talking about the catches on the body side, they came painted like that on some of the cars. I remember seeing painted catches on the earlier cars in the showroom, and nitrate plated ones on the '73's, All three of the 1200's that I owned over the years had painted catches, one of which I know was never repainted. 

I'll have to check the dozen we have around, I do remember the 73 being zinc, maybe some were and some were not.

I believe that is true. I heard that some of the early cars were built at the Subaru factory also, and maybe that had something to do with it. I did part out a couple of 1200's that had the plated, not painted catches a while back. When I complete my present project, I will probably paint the latches the body color. 

Nevertheless, if the guy on eBay sells his car for a big number, $12-13k or whatever, it will bring up the value of our cars.