280zx: thinking rat rod bosozoku style, and off i go

Jomz Shakes

Its called a gland nut and odds are your not getting it by tomorrow. Unless you can score some at a junk yard or someone local has some you prob have to order them. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice s130 I read the whole build so far, love what you are doing. The car seems really straight. What are your future plans on it?

driving it as my daily for now to keep miles off my 350z, but im gonna run the engine into the ground and when that day comes drop a nice rebuilt turbo l28 engine and get a nice differential. but until then just gonna do small DIY appearance mods and keep everything running good. 

im gonna fabup a lip spoiler, put a garage door lip kit around it, continue to ponder an interesting custom front end. possibly build bike/roof racks to use this as my work truck since i only own 2 2 seaters, get a steering wheel and maybe a cage/seat/harness since i dont feel safe without airbags.

driving it as my daily for now to keep miles off my 350z, but im gonna run the engine into the ground and when that day comes drop a nice rebuilt turbo l28 engine and get a nice differential. but until then just gonna do small DIY appearance mods and keep everything running good. 

im gonna fabup a lip spoiler, put a garage door lip kit around it, continue to ponder an interesting custom front end. possibly build bike/roof racks to use this as my work truck since i only own 2 2 seaters, get a steering wheel and maybe a cage/seat/harness since i dont feel safe without airbags.

Thats pretty cool man. Wish I could daily mine. What year is the 350? Okay sounds nice, stock turbo? How would that lip spoiler work with our big bumpers and air dam? Would you run it against the lower air dam? I play on also making a roof rack for mine with the 3 piece louver set i have. Must be hard not havinga truck, you should big you a beater truck for the time being. Also same here with the cage and harneses, with my mostly gutted interior. 

nah i was thinking of buying a body kit, i was gonna trade a guy on craigslist some junk "old motorcycle helmet,slide hammer,sandpaper,fiberglass" and 100$ for this kit

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/3575298541.html

but i rall want to go bigger on my body kit, i want those bosozoku fenders FOR SURE, the smooth fiberglass ones for small wheels. not the rubber looking ones everyone else has.    what is this kit and how does it look on a nice s130 you think?

Just do a search on google you will find almost endless pictures of S130's it's really that simple. If you want that bosozoku style fenders you will have to make them If they sold them a lot of us would have already had them.

That air dam, side skirts, & rear lip would look cool If you don't like them you can just resale them here, you can always find a different air dam if you don't like it I had quite a few friends that had them on there S130's.

• 6 months later...

Here's some more

8118969193_7abfa03439_b.jpg

8118984510_d482c0336d_b.jpg

8118984992_776b5706e0_b.jpg

8118969667_f0d7c1da02_b.jpg

Not necessarly a boso style car but its got a lot of cool stuff going for it! and a few things that might be pretty cheap to you could pull off!

Seriously, where can I get one of those "DATSUN" plate covers???? I would kill for one.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Deco-7-headlight-visor-gangster-lowrider-FL-Harley-motorcycle-van-rat-rod-/350897668427

Brought the post back!!!!!!!!!!!! $!!!! $$$$$! $$$$$$$$!!!!!!

Guess Who's Not Broke Any MORE

I want to make some eyelids for my headlights and I'm thinking this type from a lowrider harley. Orrr this type from a yamaha v star

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/yamaha-v-star-1100-headlight

The v star on looks to have a better alloy look instead of just shiny chrome. "IT could just be the picture"

I want it to look more silver.

I like the shape of both but the harley one will make the headlights look more sleepy which is AWESOME but...... it will fuck up my headlights view. I'm planning on going hid. I will adjust the headlights as much as I can for good visibility once I find a way to fit them on. But since it covers the top portion of my headlights visibility I can leave my brights on YAY!

So what's up. You guys like the v star or the harley one?

You think they'll be easy to fit?

Think visibility will be a huge problem with the harley one?

Any ideas for this direction I'm going???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Deco-7-headlight-visor-gangster-lowrider-FL-Harley-motorcycle-van-rat-rod-/350897668427

Brought the post back!!!!!!!!!!!! $!!!! $$$$$! $$$$$$$$!!!!!!

Guess Who's Not Broke Any MORE

I want to make some eyelids for my headlights and I'm thinking this type from a lowrider harley. Orrr this type from a yamaha v star

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/yamaha-v-star-1100-headlight

The v star on looks to have a better alloy look instead of just shiny chrome. "IT could just be the picture"

I want it to look more silver.

I like the shape of both but the harley one will make the headlights look more sleepy which is AWESOME but...... it will fuck up my headlights view. I'm planning on going hid. I will adjust the headlights as much as I can for good visibility once I find a way to fit them on. But since it covers the top portion of my headlights visibility I can leave my brights on YAY!

So what's up. You guys like the v star or the harley one?

You think they'll be easy to fit?

Think visibility will be a huge problem with the harley one?

Any ideas for this direction I'm going???

not 100% sure but you should see what the diameter of the vw bug headlights are , they have "eyelids" as well.

• 2 months later...