280zx: thinking rat rod bosozoku style, and off i go

Jomz Shakes

ight so with all the stuff i have so far what do i replace the springs and shocks with i can sell them new before i install them. what do i buy for s13 coilovers?

whats the pricing im trying to budget build here feel me?, can i keep my end links,hubs, and brakes? what can i keep what do i sell?? i wanna do this right once-

HERES WHAT I HAVE BOUGHT ALLREADY

-prothane polyurethane bushing kit "w/ end links, bump spacers, LCA bushings etc."

-suspension techniques springs

-used msa sway bars

-old used tokico rear shocks, new front tokico struts

-techno toy tuning T/C rods

-ac delco ball joints

-moog outer tie rod ends

-EBAY $50 front camber adjustable link "non rubber type"

-welded rear strut tower bar

-Front and rear wheel bearings/races/ and seals

-2 rebuilt nissan rear calipers "rebuilt with non factory seals?" one from Ebay for cheap and one from the Z-Store

-front and rear brake pads - Wagner Thermal Quiets

-rear subframe bushings-

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

alright tomorrow im going to take off my fenders to line up the mirrors, wire the power mirrors to the fenders , take off the front bumper, mount the turn signals for now until i figure out the front end.i want to fab up a bar and then put powder coated steel mesh as a grill , eventually i want yellow fog lights but i have not seen one clean pair of fog lights on a 280zx

im also going to make a Heineken keg can airbox "copied off the internet", and possibly run my coolant expansion tank into a sailor jerry bottle

CAM00350.jpg

I see a lot of california 70s z car guys without bumpersJomz, I don't know the law in California, but to be honest, no law enforcement would even notice. Haha a S130 without bulky bumpers tends to look much older than it is. Oh oh and I would really wait on the fog lights, depending on what kind of front lip you make or find. Here is a pic of my front for reference. No bumper. 260z grill, I moved the bumper turn signals into the grill. Awful_Hero_S130_005.jpg

Work fine as a stock replacement. Closed my door one day only to hear glass shatter, lens fell off and shattered on the ground. Got convex on both sides now..

Edit: just realized that you pushed em up to your fenders. They'll fit, but I don't know if youll be able to see. Never had fender mirrors..

ok so stock are they convex, or no? to rock them on the fenders i need convex? are mine concave? and the jdm ones convex?

does convex makes more of like a fish eye visual to bring things closer ?

i want to order the right replacement lenses

As far as I am aware, our stock mirrors are flat. The convex mirrors should bulge out a little, offering a wider angle of view, for placement on Tue fender. Concave mirrors should be pretty useless, as they would offer a narrower and more distorted view than the flat mirrors. With the mirrors being so far forward, they would need to he convex to bring the view you would normally have out to the fender, so that they become functional.